Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how'd you do with the exam?

Posted by jxharding 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
how'd you do with the exam?
February 03, 2010 04:39PM
wasn't too bad at all.
i sucked some stuff out of my thumb though
can remember :
systematic vs participant advantage/disadvantage
what is grounded theory
know you triangulations
literature review (14marks)
mean,median,avg,range, standard deviation (did not do the SDeviation)
reasons for doing research (8marks)
Re: how'd you do with the exam?
February 03, 2010 06:12PM
Didn't the exam was too bad at all, however question 1.4 was worded literature survey and not literature review. At no time during the exam did the invigilators correct this, nor could they answer queries on it. Everyone makes mistakes, but as far as I'm concerned this question should not be counted toward the final result. I plan on phoning Prof. Smith tomorrow and asking him about this. In my mind survey and review are two very different things.
avatar Re: how'd you do with the exam?
February 03, 2010 09:17PM
It was not bad at all but I was also confused about the literature survey thing and answered it as "literature review".
I messed up the question about between systematic vs participant advantage/disadvantage: starting to answer in paragraph form and then realise I must make a table.
February 04, 2010 12:06AM
Yes, not bad, but I was a bit messed up by the Literature Survey question too.
I ended up answering with Literature Review and the Survey Process in one answer.
Nearly scrubbed out Literature Review and replaced with Survey Process, before I decided I just couldn't guess which one they meant and ended up plonking out everything to do with either.
February 04, 2010 08:30AM
this literature one caused some trouble
i hope rhofmeyr sorts them out and we can get some marks for that
March 29, 2010 03:46PM
The results are out. My pass mark for this subject is very disappointing. The paper was not difficult at all. I also do not qualify for remarking because I do not fall in the catecory specified. Eish!!!angry smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login