Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

despatch

Posted by rdebruyn 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
despatch
December 23, 2008 10:09PM
I've received 5 email from despatch informing me that they will post my study material in 2 days. Each time moving the date effectively two days ahead. They started on the 14th and are now by the 25th...

Why do they waste my time. Each time I have to read there stupid email. rather send me a mail once they have actually posted it, informing me that it is on its why. No we'll post it, we'll post it, we'll post it, we'll post it, we'll post it, we'll post it, we'll post it. Just post it!

Uh Unisa, If there's one thing we learned here it is patience.
December 24, 2008 07:19AM
I did not receive any sms or email.
Looked on myUnisa and saw a tracking number. Phoned SAPO tracking phone number. No info. I must call back in two days. Two days later, the tracking number does not register on the SAPO system. Wrong format and to long.
Two weeks later I see a parcel slip in my mailbox.

I was going to go to the PO that afternoon to pick up the parcel. Luckily, that morning I received a call from Salome that the ref number on the parcel slip was wrong and she gave me another. Just as well, else the PO would not have known what parcel to give me.

The Unisa tracking number was on a sticker on the parcel.

Hopefully the process will get better.

PS
The SAPO parcel tracking phone number on myUnisa should be 0860111502.
I did email Unisa about all this.
December 24, 2008 09:40AM
@rdeBruyn - I got about 10 e-mails and sms's telling me my material is in the POST! The date changes in the e-mail / sms all the time. Who knows when it will arrive hahahahahaha!!
December 27, 2008 09:47PM
Got about six smses, plus one posted letter, besides the emails. All with the same reference number. I think they need to iron out some issues in despatch.

Cobus Neethling
December 27, 2008 10:15PM
Started getting the first one from about the 17th. Got a letter in the mail dated the 19th. Checked this morning, still nothing at the post office.
Re: despatch
December 29, 2008 09:21AM
I normally get a letter in the post with the tracking number after I've already collected the parcel.
December 30, 2008 11:33AM
I didn't get normal parcel post, but a letter in a yellow envelope (it looked like junk mail - no Unisa markings!) telling me to go to the parcel counter.

This was around the 24th, and I registered on 26 November. I think they are running very late - the new registration process would have exponentially increased the number of items to be posted.
December 30, 2008 02:22PM
Don't know what the fuss is with posting if they can just post all the material on myUnisa?
December 30, 2008 05:49PM
When you register, can't you say how you want to receive your material (post, email, CD) or am I thinking of another correspondence university?
December 31, 2008 08:11AM
tannieIBM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't know what the fuss is with posting if they
> can just post all the material on myUnisa?

Well I pay R870 odd for each module. At least they can provide me the tutorial matter printed and on time. I really don't want to waste my paper and toner! It is not as if they have lectures standing in front of the class and tutoring anybody. Yes I download all my study material from myUnisa, but that is for ease of reference. It's easier to search a pdf than a printed document, but If I need to read the whole doc, I'm definitely not going to read on screen. Eyes need a rest, can't look at the screen 24/7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login