Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EXAM LETTER

Posted by TvD 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
TvD
EXAM LETTER
September 26, 2008 09:44AM
See the sticky post at the top for details about the exam please: http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?257,89650

Also remember that now is the time to relax and enjoy making your final web page.

You will get good marks if you have 3 to 5 pages of good content, nice graphics that load fast and a nice clean layout.

One good JavaScript example on your web page is sufficient - you do not have to put everything that you have learned into your web project...

CSISW1D-T Exam Letter: October 2008

The following is important for the examination in November:

1 The paper consists of 100 marks.
2 The paper is NOT open book, which means you will be asked questions and have to answer it in an answering book provided by UNISA without consulting any material in the exams.
3 The paper has a section 1 and section 2.
4 Check here for Exam dates: https://my.unisa.ac.za/tool/1f95735b-9137-4e57-803f-43820fb508b7/default.do
5 Check here for exam results: [my.unisa.ac.za]
6 Your certificates are only posted to you after the next Unisa graduation ceremony (about April 2009)

You can download the previous paper here: http://cs-cert.unisa.ac.za/internet/downloads/ExamJune2008.pdf

Alta looks after section 1 and she said you must follow the guidelines in your tut letters for section 1

For Section 2 (Web Design):

The five sections (i.e sections 1, 2, 3, 4, plus assignment 3), in the online (or CD) tutorial letter for assignments 2 and 3 have exam guidelines as the first paragraph.

The four important parts for exam purposes are sections 1(a) and 1(b) (HTML and CSS), 2 (Graphics preparation), 3 (JavaScript), and assignment 3 (Web project). The graphics preparation exercises show you how to create graphics that download fast on the Web, and mention the differences between the various graphics formats. There will be easy JavaScript questions for 3 marks and an easy CSS question for 2 marks.

For the Web design exercises you should know what makes a Web page good or bad and what criteria can you use to measure the usability of a Web page - i.e. make use of the factors: Usability, Navigation, Graphic Design, Content, Compatibility, Load Time, and Functionality.

===========================================================================
NB: There is a pre-prepared question in section 2 which will count 30% in the exam:

For each of the seven criteria (Usability, Navigation, Graphic Design, Content, Compatibility, Load Time, and Functionality), write a short paragraph describing how you used (or can use) each of these criteria to improve and test your own web site. For example: Under compatibility you can discuss how you tested your Web site in both Firefox and Internet Explorer or perhaps also Opera, and also tested it under Windows Vista or and Windows XP or perhaps Linux that you used helped you to achieve the specific factor.

NB: You must know what is meant by each of the seven criteria
===============================================================================

Here are a few other general comments:

(a) All students will have exam admission regardless of your mark for assignments 1, or 2 - i.e. your mark for the course will depend on just two components: (1) Your web project (assignment 3) and (2) Your written exam. The web project counts 30% and the written exam 70% of your final mark.

(b) One way we can access your web project (assignment 3) is through assignment 2 (your assignment2 page) - make sure that you have a URL to your Web project on this page by 31 October at the latest; else we will not know where to find your Web site. Include your e-mail address on your assignment2.htm page. In addition send an e-mail to either prinscj@unisa.ac.za or vdykt@icon.co.za where you confirm the URL of your final Web project.

(c) When you write your exams you do not need a student card - these are (normally) only sent out to degree students - but you do need to know what your student number is. All you need to bring with you in the exam is your exam admission letter (or a letter confirming your registration), and your ID book.

good luck and do not worry!
Anonymous User
Re: EXAM LETTER
March 14, 2009 12:37PM
Hi Tobi

I extended my exam to June this year. I would like to look at the previous exam papers but the link in your message does not seem to be working. Have you heard if anyone else is having the same problem.

Many thanks
Belinda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login