Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task 6A - 1

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Task 6A - 1
July 21, 2008 02:03PM
Hacking tools and techniques
All hacking tools are computer programs, they attack either the networks, servers or personal computers. The source on the internet is endless, from video’s, to hackers own websites (to which you have to be a member to login to), to books that one can easily buy on Amazon, “hackers for dummies”. One only has to do a search on any browser to see the endless information. Hackers use viruses, Trojan horses, Pinging, Remote Administration Tools (RATs), key loggers, worms, even some spyware, any form of a program that gains them access into their target.
Prevention
Updated sercurity checks, anti spyware, firewalls etc. But sometimes this is not enough. I’ve read an article on the net recently that Windows users are never really able to prevent hacking, and the only real way to prevent it is to “get a Mac and hack proof it”(www.phaster.com)? Could this be true? I am recently a victim of a Trojan horse and I can honestly say that even with the best spyware program on the market, there is still a difference with my laptop. My only option now is to wipe off everything and reinstall Windows. This is costing me money and time.
Is it good that such detailed instructions are freely available on the net?
No but then who is there to stop them. The whole idea of the internet is free available information. And as with everything in this world today, you are bound to get your disadvantages, and hacking is one of them.
Should network administrators monitor hacker sites?
In my opinion - Yes, but hackers would argue that it is an invasion of their privacy, human rights and all that stuff. However, screw human rights in this form, if hackers or crackers are willing to invade our privacy, why should it not be done to them. They should be monitored and seriously charged with any criminal activity. They gave up their right to privacy when they took someone else’s.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login