Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task 4C-1

Posted by Loop 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Task 4C-1
July 20, 2008 10:44PM
http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/

Problems with the site
Calls itself the internet's worst website. Firstly the colour scheme is terrible. It makes use of frames and the animated background is a bad idea. There is no indication of where the user is on the site and no straight forward navigation.

Impact on Users
Not only is it ugly , it is also hard on the eyes and makes the site hard to read. The animated background as well as various other animated images distract the user from the important content. The use of frames might cause compatibility problems with older browsers and also negatively impact search engine ranking.

What Can Be Done

Firstly the frames and animations need to be removed. A constant light background with dark text should be used. A easy to use navigation menu needs to be implemented. Banners and pop up windows are also not a good idea and should be removed.
Re: Task 4C-1
July 20, 2008 10:48PM
For Sure!

I checked it out and besides the horrific colouring of backgrounds.
The MUSIC drove me completely insane....

I simply clicked the little X to close...
July 21, 2008 10:00AM
Ha ha i don't think thats the worst site in the world... they could improve its "worst site in the world" rating by putting more images on to slow down load time XD ha ha tongue sticking out smiley. I learn't from this a while ago and implemented a better approach to making websites, a bad example of a site of mine is www.sterlingplanthire.co.za and a good example of a website i made is www.hillsplendour.co.za
July 21, 2008 11:21PM
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/brambles/4/frames/

Got the link off of the angelfire site. Gave me quite a chuckle.

Even though the angelfire site is trying to prove a point about bad design, the truth is that there are other working sites out there (many of them circa 90s) who are guilty of almost everything the angelfire site has spoofed.

I think that in these days of customisable templates and themes, there really is no place for bad web design.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login