Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task 4C-1

Posted by TKalebka 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Task 4C-1
July 20, 2008 09:50PM
www.alternativetransportservices.co.uk

The minute this web page opened I wanted to just get it off my screen!

• No grid layout in design visible, website seems to be broken up into 4 columns.
• Scattered Multi-colored text not really appropriate, disorientating to the eyes,
ever mind looks amateurish.
• Text content seems to have grammatical errors, repetitive, and some times makes
no sense at all. The font type varies as well through out.
• 3 or 4 images re-used throughout website, as if to eliminate empty space.
• " Click Search " is not functional. Not too sure if it maybe located
somewhere else.
• No need to list telephone number everywhere if the is a "contact us" link.

The site name is "alternative transport services" and yes I would definitely use alternatives to this webpage...
You generally judge a book by its cover…and I personally wouldn’t think of calling them to move anything of mine.

Firstly I would scrap the entire webpage!
Remembering: Less is more.

Black background color can be acceptable. However one or two colors for the text, could pull off a more professional look to the site. Maybe even changing the font to only one type through out would help.
Breaking the entire site into sections/grids would be a good idea, allowing the customer/user to focus in on important information.
Keeping in mind that every webpage has a fold line I would make sure all information fits above it without having to actually scroll down.
I would eliminate any unnecessary pictures, and reorganize them into appropriate places. (White space can help provide for breathing space, if there is a lot of text).
Company information such as a Company Logo is important, giving the viewer a comforting feeling of whom they are dealing with.
Further company information should be kept neatly with in the necessary links, not scattered throughout the website (contact details, FAQ, company history, etc).
I would make one pricelist that is laid out in table form and is not cluttered) with surrounding information.
The online entry form should be easy to fill out with only information that is required…maybe with a follow up via email.
All links should look like clickable links and should preferably have easy reversible back tracking). Providing easier and efficient navigation trough out the experience of visiting this website.
Re: Task 4C-1
July 20, 2008 10:11PM
Hey Guys & Girls,

Came across an awesome example of a brilliantly designed website!

Check it out...it blew me away...and I want to create work like this one day!

www.brandvanegmond.nl

This website does require java applets and activeX addons. Speakers come in handy aswell to experience the application of music to the entire website.

I haven't tried seeing this site under dialup conditions, so let me know what the download time is of this site under those circumstances?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login