Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task 2c-4 (Q2)

Posted by TKalebka 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Task 2c-4 (Q2)
July 19, 2008 06:21PM
cozahost - R249.00 (initial registration & setup of home page)
R175.00 (annual renewal)

Intoweb - R200.00 (once off fee)

greypebbles - R150 per year

Cheapest i could find!: WebAfrica - R60.00 however only for the first year after
registration, there after normal rates
apply! (eg. co.za = R99.00)

The registration fee goes to registrar of your domain name.

I couldn't successfully find any ISP's that provide FREE domain name registration. Always some sort of cost involved.
Re: Task 2c-4 (Q2)
July 19, 2008 09:45PM
Hi

I've also found quite a number of domain registration services.

A very confusing site: Godaddy (www.godaddy.com) - in fact a good candidate for discussion in Q4C-1 - seems to offer domain registration for $1.99 with free hosting options.

Africa Registry offers a .co.za domain for $35 per year. Quite expensive compared to some of our local offers.

At www.serv.coza one can register a .co.za domain for R55 per year and if you are prepared to register a .za.net or .za.org domain, you can get it for R5 per year. A .com domain is much more expensive at R85 per year.

I found one site, Gam Co (www.gam.co.za) that will register a .za.net or .za.org domain for free but only for non-profit organisations.

I also deduce that the registration fee goes to the organisation that delivers the domain registration service. What I could not find out is whether there is the equivalent of a government stamp duty that needs to be paid by the service provider to the government i.e. that the domain registration service provider does not pocket the full fee paid to them.

I have read a few other postings and seem to get the same general information concerning costs from them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login