Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task 1c-1

Posted by s.coetzer 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Task 1c-1
June 27, 2008 12:56PM
1. Various applications are using the Internet for multiple purposes such as upgrading, authoring and licensing of there proprietary products.
Various Internet applications are becoming available such as Google documents what is an Internet based application. This applications doesn't require an installation instance onto the desktop it can only be accessed through the Internet,also Internet banking applications safe a person a trip to the bank.
2. Businesses can become mobile. Any business can start delivering data content over the Internet a increased speeds. With the current technology it is possible to view this content over the Internet from various remote locations through the use of mobile and wireless technology. It also improves the interaction of a bigger audience of users.
3. High data capacity and processing speeds are required to handle these systems and. Currently the hardware structures are far more advanced then the software structures. 64Bit processors where available a couple of years before any 64bit software was released. Also with improved Internet technologies more companies will serve their data over the Internet for improve profits in increase marketing opportunities.
4. Hot technologies meaning the latest technologies on the market the is available on the Internet only such as voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) which allows a person to have a conference call or telephone call over the Internet, also the software that allows you to publish any type of media such as pictures and videos so these can be shared to the wider Internet user.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: Task 1c-1
July 17, 2008 08:41AM
1. The internet will be overwhelmed by websites, small businesses will have an even harder time to get well established due to trying to be unique from others and even if they do become unique, it will be a situation such as a child in a candy store where each sweet or candy is unique but too much to choose from results in a random one to be picked.

2. All transactions will be done online over the internet. Same goes for politics, no more need to go to a voting station to vote as it will all be done over the internet.

3. Unemployment will rise as there will no longer be a need for more workers behind the counter as the internet takes over all transaction jobs. Traffic will decrease due to lack of workers needed at a business and most employees would work from home where they would still have access to their business over the internet.

4. The 4mb line is very popular at the moment and i agree with Mr Coetzer with VOIP. People would obviously search on the internet's popular search engines such as Google, MSN Live, Yahoo, etc.

Completed Successfully with no problems what so ever! smiling smiley
Re: Task 1c-1
July 17, 2008 06:35PM
People will always look for ways to make things easier. probably everything you do in real life and every tool you use will somehow become internet related.
Also things will probably become more universal, get a pc, get the internet, do a course and your buisness can go international, oh and maybe learn another language. Things will probably also move more server side, universal domains that can store your documents, online office apps.

I hope unemployment doesnt rise, there might be more people sitting at home.but people will just have to learn different skills. you can have an interactive teacher in hard to reach places. What the internet is doing is taking the world and making it smaller.

as for traffic decrease, lets hope for the best. but after they have finished milking us for petrol they will come after us with electricity hikes (oh wait thats happening now). Anyway all that traffic will become virtual.

Real shops will always exist, I think humans will always need to interact, its just the interface that will change.

As for faster internet connections,we will need them, the queus will definately get shorter and move faster in real shops but hopefully it wont move to the net where I get a message on my screen that says im number 5 in the queue, please be patient and there is some music playing through my headphones tongue sticking out smiley and a virtual magazine filled with adds, maybe if it lets me select a track it wont be so bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login