Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task 1c-1, Q1 : New trends

Posted by stefanmarais 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Task 1c-1, Q1 : New trends
February 21, 2008 07:10PM
In many businesses that have multiple branches, each branch keeps it's data in it's own database, which later gets synchronized with the main database at their head-office.

A better, more reliable way of achieving one complete database, is to create a web-interface to the head-office’s database. The branches can then enter data directly into the main database via the web. This avoids many problems, such as failed synchronizations and so forth.

This method is already in use, and I suspect tons more businesses to adapt to this in future.
Re: Task 1c-1, Q1 : New trends
April 09, 2008 11:28AM
I am employed by a leading logistics service provider in Southern Africa, in the TSD division. We implement the web to provide a portal for all the motor manufacturers in SA (VW, GM, Toyota, Opel, Nissan) to do all their order and stock related processing.

The suppliers and the OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) use the portal on a daily basis to send, receive and process orders. The trend of doing business online, whether it is buying DVD’s from Amazon or ensuring that you are supplying correct parts to a factory seems to be becoming more popular by the day. In my opinion the reason for this is basically the ease of access to the web nowadays.

Another trend I noticed on the web is that there are so much more video related sites out there. It is becoming increasingly easy to watch TV online, and even download your favorite series. Please visit www.peekvid.com for an example of such a site. This site has a huge archive of just about anything that has been on TV at some point in time.

Personal sites, providing a profile page and interactivity, are also increasing in popularity. This enables users to provide information and photos about themselves, and keep in touch instantly with friends made on the web.

In my opinion, the average PC user used to ‘work and play’ from the Windows desktop. This is not the case anymore, as the web has become increasingly easy to access.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login