Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So much WORK !

Posted by Cornelvdw 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
So much WORK !
October 27, 2008 08:47PM
Hi All

How is the studying going?

There is so much theory to memorize I really hope I get through it all in time,

Good luck to all,
Re: So much WORK !
October 28, 2008 12:43PM
Yeah, its crazy!

Luckily I memorised 75% of the work before exams started... makes it a little easy to re-memorise - but it's still overwhelming.
October 28, 2008 09:55PM
Anyone know of a nice brain defrag/compression program? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out - my brain hurts...
October 29, 2008 05:58PM
i swaer my head is about to explode! i cant take it anymore
October 29, 2008 06:00PM
If you find that utility please email it to me. Information overload, shut down of all non vital functions imminent....
October 29, 2008 06:07PM
Sigh... I have managed to cover chapters 2, 3 and 4 completely (as in, completely memorised every fact and list). But that only comes to like 28% of the syllabus... I really enjoyed this module during the year, but it's a complete waste of time having to study 1000s of definitions.

I need to get 65% for this to get into honours at UCT sad smiley
October 29, 2008 06:24PM
I am struggling to get Analysis, Design Modeling and Testing into my HEAD.

Anyone out there with a few pointers??

HOW is it possible to memorize it all!

My brain is also going into a deadlock !!!
October 29, 2008 07:29PM
I am forced to take a timeout on this one [for now]….. writing Delphi tomorrow.. Don’t want to bring y'all down but have a read on the 2006/2007 forums - I guess its pretty darn funny for anyone NOT writing INF305 eye popping smiley

* 2007 Exam postmortem

* 2006 - This is scary....

good luck...
October 30, 2008 01:58AM
and what abt diagrams pple. state, swimline...

got delphi 2day, feel preety hopeless on INF305
October 30, 2008 12:33PM
Sigh... I've reached a point where I can't seem to memorise anything anymore... feeling completely discouraged... I don't know how I'm going to pass this one.
October 30, 2008 12:44PM
ahh, so i do not have to feel alone
October 30, 2008 04:59PM
Ieeeeeeeee, eye popping smiley , Time is running out and Chapters 8,9 & 13 is still not existing in my head.

I cannot consume anymore !! confused smiley

Help ……… sad smiley
October 30, 2008 05:33PM
I still have chapters 5, 9, 10, 13 and 16 sad smiley
October 30, 2008 07:18PM
Gosh i thought i was the only one struggling, it is now 7pm and i've given up trying to memorise all the lists, i have barely done the first 4 chapters and it looks near impossible that i will remember the rest...maybe if given MCQ's but not theory based questions.

I have decided to go through the past tutorials and exam papers(assign 3 and 4) only now....

I also have gotten more and more angry thinking that the lecturers should have given more MCQ's (and short questions) like the other years...this year it only counts for 10 marks and it's so frustrating because i really need all the help i can get and memorising all this stuff is really not helping me gain a better undertanding of the subject material...it just puts me off. I have studied more theory for other subjects before, but this material really is not sticking...

I have decided to sleep early, then wake up at 3am and go over stuff just before i write the paper in the hope that i can remember it because i just saw it..go early to my exam venue and sit in the car smile now i'm hoping and praying for a miracle...and wish the lecturers narrowed things down a bit more in the exam tutorials...

Good luck everyone with the last bit of studying!
October 30, 2008 07:35PM
I'm with on that one, Niri... done like 4 chapters too... and I'm about to explode.

This module shouldn't be about learning theory parrot-style. It should be an open book exam (but with a better book), with us applying these processes and methods to case study situations (in a very detailed manner). Although i've studied all these processes thoroughly, I still don't know how to apply them to real-life situations.

We should be able to evaluate and comment on how an organisation has applied these methodologies. We should be able to practice the iterative and incremental ways... we had one example of that in 2nd year and I know what it's all about, but I'm still relatively clueless when it comes to doing it in the real world, on a real world project. I know what an analysis/design model is, but I won't be able to build one.

angry smiley
October 30, 2008 08:23PM
That’s, I’m done. I will take the kick in the nuts like a man tomorrow!

I just can’t get anything more into my head….

Good luck to all !!
October 30, 2008 11:03PM
Good luck all.. done also.. they say cr** things happen in 3s - so far a flat tyre & broken mobile phone ... either I fail tomorrow or Hamilton wins the f1 world championship.
October 31, 2008 04:42AM
My brain hurts........
October 31, 2008 07:31AM
GL everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login