Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Format

Posted by Bheki 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam Format
November 07, 2006 03:10PM
I am writing my exams in Jan 2007. Please someone share light on the exam format. Something similar to this 2005 post:
As far as I can recall there were 8 questions. In random order the questions are as follows:

Ques. 1
15 multiple choice questions.

Ques. 2
Thread priority code is given.
Explain how this has liveness failure and how this can be handled and write about thread priority. (marks<10).

Ques. 3
Code is given for 3 different vehicles classes.
You have to state the relationship between the 3 classes and explain dynamic binding and show the overridden methods used. (marks<15).

Ques. 4
UML diagrams are given as in the mock exam paper of different classes. You must give relationship between different classes eg. inheritance relation and give class declarations. (marks<10).

Ques.5
Again some code is given of different classes. You have to state the type of overloading used and output produced. (marks<10).

QUes. 8
Code is given for Queue class. You must write some exceptions thrown eg, queue is full or empty and errors eg. file does not exist or invalid character. (marks<=10).

Ques. 7
Code of 2 classes are given. Change the code so that objects of 1 class can be deep copy clones.

For the canonical form, how implement object equality utility?

Do pre- and post-conditions ie contracts for queue class. (marks+-15).

Ques. 8
Code is given of DBAnimationApplet class with different methods eg. init() and paint(). State which are hook- and template-methods. Also explain abstract methods and design patterns. (marks+-10).
Re: Exam Format
November 07, 2006 08:33PM
Very similar to the 2006 paper we just wrote.
November 08, 2006 10:45AM
I did not wrote the 2006 paper. How was it structured?
November 08, 2006 12:17PM
I can't remember the exact layout now, all I can tell you is that it was very similar (almost identical) to the layout of the 2005 exam you described above.
I'm talking in reference to content as well as the type of questions asked. Only difference I remember is that they asked a question on cloning and there were two questions on drawing UML diagrams from given code. Hope this helps a bit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login