Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

error: `QtValidLicenseForCoreModule' does not name a type

Posted by sanjivdo 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
March 26, 2008 01:49PM
I am getting the following error when trying to compile my code:

I searched on google and 1 of the forums mentions that I must run configure.exe in theQT install folder. I did that but I am still getting the error. Please help

Full output:
C:\unisa\cos311\projects\assignments\assignment1\question1>make
mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/unisa/cos311/projects/assignments/assignment1/question1'
g++ -c -g -g -frtti -fexceptions -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_C
ORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtGui" -I"C:/Qt/4.
1.1/include" -I"." -I"C:/unisa/cos311/projects/libs/utils" -I"C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/ActiveQt" -I"debug
" -I"." -I"C:/Qt/4.1.1/mkspecs/win32-g++" -o debug\FileSearch.o FileSearch.cpp
In file included from C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtCore/qhash.h:1,
from C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/io/qdebug.h:28,
from C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtCore/qdebug.h:1,
from C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtCore/QDebug:1,
from FileSearch.cpp:2:
C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qhash.h:32: error: `QtValidLicenseForCoreModule'
does not name a type
mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\FileSearch.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/unisa/cos311/projects/assignments/assignment1/question1'
mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
avatar Re: error: `QtValidLicenseForCoreModule' does not name a type
March 27, 2008 01:39PM
What arguments did you run with your configure? If they say you should run configure again, rerun the "Build debug libraries" option from the menu again. That should have all the correct arguments for configure.
Re: error: `QtValidLicenseForCoreModule' does not name a type
March 27, 2008 02:30PM
thanks. I did that but I got the same error. I then moved all the source code from the .cpp file into the .h file and the error was gone. Its seems like i cannot place any #include in the .cpp file i.e it has to be in the .h file.
avatar Re: error: `QtValidLicenseForCoreModule' does not name a type
March 27, 2008 05:17PM
NO!!!

You've hacked the problem, not solved it. Put it back and start tracing again. Email me your files if you give up.
April 01, 2008 07:47PM
Sorry I made so many changes to the file I cannot recreate the problem. When I recreate it I will send it to you.

Sanjiv
April 02, 2008 08:25AM
I was also getting this error at one time. But it spontaneously went away and I'm not sure exactly what I did because I was having other problems around that time. My feeling is that when I created a new project with the old code, that had something to do with solving the problem. I have no explanation as to why that might be so. I also suspect the IDE is quirky at best and buggy at worst.
JoJ.
April 02, 2008 04:49PM
I can replicate this error by removing the semi-colon before the endif in the header file [the opposite of which solved my other problem].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login