Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Hardest 211 exam paper ever

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Re: The Hardest 211 exam paper ever
October 16, 2006 08:33AM
I studied for 2 weeks before the exam and I still found it too long
and I most probably failed. For me, the paper was not difficult at all
but it certainly was not a 3 hour paper. I just hope the lecturers will be more sensible when setting the supp exam.

http://www.google.co.za
October 18, 2006 08:18PM
Regarding the supp, does anyone how the paper is set, or which tut I should be looking in ?
October 19, 2006 01:33PM
I also thought the paper was way too long. I wasn't dawdling and still couldn't finish the last 2 questions decently. I studied thoroughly so managed most of the questions but it really was way too long
October 20, 2006 12:10PM
i am disgusted by this exam.
you do the assignments
you spend a lot of time doing pracs and taking time to understand what they want you to know for this module.
you prepare yourself mentally that you are now finally ready to write this exam.
then you get this monster.
The only thing that could have saved me was the last 2 questions but it seems nobody had time to do them.
Shouldnt we now get full marks for this questions?

this was the first exam that i wrote for 2006 and it put quite a damper on everything
October 20, 2006 08:42PM
Guys I am sad to see you feel like this.

I am now in my final year of my degree and this is and I will say it the 5th time I will be doing this subject. I remember the paper 2004and yes, it was hard but some of my friends passed it ! For those of you who remember cos211's evil twin COS 212, they passed that at the same time. Now cos 212 was even worse than what you guys are dealing with. The previous cos 211 book was prescribed to Harvard university students.

What I am trying to say is the following.

It was a hard paper. You really had to think and put your mind into that frame.
I actually think I may have passed it (5th time around). I felt like you guys when I started the paper but working through it step by step I got through it. the only area I struggle was the Quicksort. The linked list question was marks for JAM so was the recursion question. The only advise I got and I saw it work is that you leave your computer alone, don't use the compiler, and write out your code on paper from the begining of the year. It conditions your mind for the exam better. Only use it when you get stuck !

I do admitt some of the questions were hard but you guys didn't see how this subject was layed out before ! This text book makes it far easier.

Anyways...
Hope I pass... or supp or whateva smile
December 01, 2010 01:08PM
i often look back at this thread.
thank heavens i passed
anyone else remember it?
December 01, 2010 03:46PM
Yup

Still remember this subject as being my most difficult paper ever (Next to accounting 101). Funny I passed the subject with 80% after failing it 5 times !!!!! Now Honours is the new fight. May I say I am very dissappointed in how things have changed!!!

L8r
Willie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login