Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

silly Deplhi - ctQuery

Posted by kopbeen 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
silly Deplhi - ctQuery
July 16, 2008 08:27AM
any one get an 'E2003 ctQuery, Undeclared Type' error message when putting the tsql code in for the TfrmAcquisition.Fromshow event handler ? (on p430 of the textbook)
I got a workaround by forcing the type in the designer and killing the 'dmoLibrary.sdsBook.CommandType = ctQuery;' statement...

OH --- and another thing that wasted an hour of my drinking time:
If you by accident add the dmoLibrary.datBook to the dataSource instead of the listsource, you get a nasty 'Circular data links not allowed' error - lovely debugging this one at midnight....thumbs down
Re: silly Deplhi - ctQuery
July 16, 2008 08:41AM
Kraaitjie, I just added 'DB' in the USES section of the AcquisitionU unit and now the ctQuery error is fixed... naturally I got this right 5 min after I posted this message...
July 16, 2008 09:12AM
nope, it still doesn't work. Even if I kill 'dmoLibrary.sdsBook.CommandType = ctQuery;' then I still get an error stating that my SQL query is invalid. confused smiley

I'm using delphi 7.

I have now successfully given up on this one.
August 02, 2008 04:30PM
Hi, I am probably the oldest in the class, 42 going on 43. Got stuck with the same message 'E2003 ctQuery, Undeclared Type' error message. Thanks kopbeen for the solution!!!

After that I still had an EDatabaseerror sdsBook 'Cannot perform this operation in an open dataset'. I tried to insert a line which closes the sdsBook, but then it would just give me the same message but that I cannot perform it on a closed dataset.

Got to think a bit after struggle 2 hours. I changed the dmoLibrary.cdsBook.Close to dmoLibrary.sdsBook.Close; IT WORKS!! I feel like a genius, BUT some of you guys probably got it before I did. Hope it doesn't create other problems later on!!cool smiley
August 02, 2008 04:33PM
Sorry!! Forget to give a page number Page 430 line 15 of the code at the top.sad smiley
August 15, 2008 04:58PM
how do i download mysql,i tried following the instructions on the prescribed book but was unable to. im silas reside in pta almost always at thutong.pls help.071 623 1835
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login