Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 3

Posted by stevenv 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 3
June 10, 2006 03:55PM
The first question of Assignment 3 is throwing me a bit. The final state has an outgoing edge which if reading the string bbba*baa when at the final state you can get all the way back to the beginning of the FA. This introduces a whole lot of complication into my regular expression. So far, I have got the first half of the expression done but as soon as I get to the second half (after the center state), things go off the rails.

Anyone got a suggestion for me to get back onto the track?
June 12, 2006 08:33AM
I used the rules to reduce the FA to regular expressions, but because the FA "loops", it makes it allot more difficult. So what I did is I made sure that after I delete a state I still have the same path(s) left afterwards.

Hope this helps! smiling smiley
Re: Assignment 3
June 17, 2006 10:41AM
Uhm, I mailed my assignmet almost 2 weeks ago, but it's not showing up as registered yet. Do you guys think it's due to the assignment department being behind or should I start to worry?
June 17, 2006 01:34PM
Why are you still mailing assignments? Why don't you just submit on myUNISA? I'd contact the assignments department to check up.
June 17, 2006 02:04PM
thats the best of all..i usually submit via myUnisa...but i was done with the work early and decided that it would be easier to do on paper...this was the first assignment this year i snailmailed sad smiley
June 18, 2006 03:04PM
I stay away from the snailmail. Don't think its a problem to submit assignments way in advance when using myUNISA: submitted one of mine two months before due date, got result back with no problems. Stick to what you know and use smiling smiley Hope you get everything sorted out.
June 18, 2006 03:32PM
That I will do.
I actually forgot I submittet some semester modules assignments via snailmail, it arrived fine.
June 29, 2006 11:20AM
Hi Kilhra.

I also snailmailed my assignment quite a while back, but mine is also not showing up as registered. Maybe they're just a bit slow on marking it.
July 08, 2006 08:38PM
pfft...I'd rather say slow in getting it registered...I wonder if the lectureers have even received it!
I emailed them and they told me to contact the ass dept and then resubmit
July 11, 2006 08:44AM
I phoned them today, and apparently they have received it, but it hasn't been marked yet. I wonder why it's taking so long? Has anyone else received their's back yet?
July 11, 2006 08:59AM
Nope. UNISA is seriously falling behind this year with the assignment results. (I see this kinda posts in all my modules) sad smiley
July 11, 2006 11:07AM
One of the lecturers in one of my third year modules forwarded me a letter from the assignments department which attempts to explain why there is a backlog. What I still can't understand is that this problem has been manifesting itself for the last six months and it is still an issue. The assignments department seriously underestimated the quantity of assignments that would need processing this year, the only difference from last year is the added load from TSA students. Basically, the problem is due to insufficent staff in the assignments department.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login