Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Final Exam's Enquiry and...

Posted by Evans 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Final Exam's Enquiry and...
October 30, 2007 05:49PM
Hi, may i know the scope of the final examinations scheduled for Novemeber 19th and also is there any added work for the practical assignment? I have been anticipating it.

Thanks
Evans
php formats
October 30, 2007 05:50PM
Hi, i would simply like to know which programme or software can i use to open a file in the php format.

Thanks
Pat
Re: php formats
October 31, 2007 10:02AM
Hi Evans

I know that you can use Micromedia Dreamweaver or Frontpage programme to open php files.

Thanks
Re: Final Exam's Enquiry and...
October 31, 2007 10:05PM
Thanks for the reply, however, i used dreamweaver before and it opened with codes/tags i don't understand. I wasn't even able to preview the files. Kindly assist me further.
Thanks once more
Re: Final Exam's Enquiry and...
November 01, 2007 08:42AM
Hi Evans,

PHP is different to HTML and it has a different structure and appearance, so unless you have learned to recognise the tags, you won't understand them. In any case, PHP is used to add function to your code, not structure it for output (which is what HTML is used for) per se so you wouldn't really be able to "see" it just by looking at a web page. You would only be able to see it working when you run the PHP scripts on that page.
There are plenty of free resources on the net to get you started, if you want to know more. I would suggest W3Schools for some of the basics.
The problem that you can't preview the files is because PHP it's a server-side language and needs a server to run. Dreamweaver is a client-side app, so it would not be able to interpret the code as far as I know. You would either need to upload your PHP to the net and check that it works in a browser or use an IDE with a server-like live preview function. I haven't worked with Dreamweaver for a while, so I don't know if they have built one in. Programs like PHPEdit and WeBuilder have this function, but they are intended for hand coding.
Anyway, I hope that sheds some light on the matter, not that it would really help much I think. smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login