Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my blog

Posted by Nancy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
my blog
June 27, 2007 12:41PM
click here to visit my blog

Welcome any comments,suggestions and ...Thanks!

I just put lots of photos there...smile
June 27, 2007 05:13PM
cool grinning smiley

about germany: germans living in germany are well-known for being xenophobic :/ it depends how much you'd like to work for SAP (sounds like boring work to me!), but the social factors are kinda important. maybe visit the place (got any friends there?) before you make the big jump.

about you: you don't perhaps play go/weiqi/baduk do you? smiling smiley
Re: my unisa blog
July 06, 2007 11:48AM
I had new update on my blog website, check it out and let me know what do you think!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nancy
July 06, 2007 11:54AM
Oh, I am currently study the IT management. I have done:

ACN101,QMG101,INF105,COS111,MNB101,QMG102,ACN102,AUI202,MNB102,INF206,COS113,COS226,COS112,COS114,STA105,CSS101,MNG201,COS211,MNF202,INF303,INF207,COS214,INF308,COS221, MNG301,MNG302.

I might be able to help you with a little advise regarding the above subject.

Now I am busy with: COS311,INf305,COS321,INF307. Hopefully, I could finish them by the end of this year.smile
July 06, 2007 12:00PM
It've been a great fun and challenge to study through the UNISA for the whole degree. I must say, I gain a lot and learn a lot, not only the knowleage of each subjects, but also how to manage my time and how to study more effectively.

I always believe that effort, reward! Hope you all gain a lot from this study experience. smile
July 06, 2007 12:12PM
Does anybody think it worth while to get the MBA after the BSc or one should continue doing the Honour in Sc. Why can you do your Master in Sc after the BSc? What is the Honour in anyway?

It seems that you don't have to get the Honour if you just study the MBA.
July 06, 2007 03:04PM
honours is about the pecking order smiling smiley

BSC --> Hons BSc --> MSc --> PhD

or

Any undergrad --> MBA

But MBA is very wishy washy business stuff, and most academics dont regard it as a real masters degree....
MBA
July 06, 2007 03:16PM
I do agree about the MBA story, but seems that it's so populare now days, especially when you apply for a job. Also, seems now days everybody get the MBA, feels like if I don't have one, something is missing...confused smiley
July 06, 2007 03:27PM
More update on MY BLOG . Let me know what do you think of the De la Rey song.smile
July 06, 2007 03:31PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep kookwater treffers alert!
Anonymous User
July 06, 2007 03:33PM
Strange - I think at Wits you actually need an honours before doing an MBA....
July 06, 2007 03:38PM
The different universities have their own different requirements. There is no specific role for anything. As far as I know, only SA need Honours before Masters. Don't know why they don't just combine the Honours and Masters into Masters.
July 06, 2007 03:43PM
Because a undergrad + honours = 4 year degree abroad....or that is what I have heard.

MBA is tricky, it depends where you do it. A potch MBA would eran you nothing, while a Gibs MBA is highly regarded. A lady at my work just went for a 3day MBA course smiling smiley
Anonymous User
July 06, 2007 03:45PM
no, they would have to combine honours and undergrad - overseas universities have 4 year undergrad subjects don't they?
July 06, 2007 03:53PM
Yes, they do. I thought the BSc I am doing now in here is same as the BSc overseas.
July 06, 2007 04:05PM
yip.....when you emigrate, an honours and a undergrad is equal to a normal degree....but Lythium should know about this at this stage in his life? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 06, 2007 04:13PM
Lythium? who's that? tongue sticking out smiley

honours can <censored>, i'm sufficiently employable and don't really care about money anyway; just want to live an easy life with lots of time for my myriad interests.

honours is for bigger rats who wanna get ahead in the race winking smiley
July 06, 2007 05:02PM
lycium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lythium? who's that? tongue sticking out smiley
>
> honours can , i'm sufficiently employable and
> don't really care about money anyway; just want to
> live an easy life with lots of time for my myriad
> interests.
>
> honours is for bigger rats who wanna get ahead in
> the race winking smiley

who are you calling a rat??
July 06, 2007 06:09PM
rklopper Wrote:
> honours is about the pecking order smiling smiley
>
> BSC --> Hons BSc --> MSc --> PhD
>
> or
>
> Any undergrad --> MBA

Certain BSc's (like electrical, mechanical, civil and chemical engineering and possible some other degrees) are 4 year degrees, and BEng is 5 years (I am speaking under correction on this one) so there is no BSc Hons. It just BSc(Eng) --> MSc --> PhD.

Most counties have either 3 year B and 1 year Hons or 4 year B for the same subject. Most commonwealth nations have the B and Hons layout.

Apparently in Poland the minimum degree you can obtain is at Masters level. There is no B-level degrees.

As for the MBA, it is becoming like the MCSE (or whatever it was called) - initially few people had it and could demand high salaries and the next thing you know a guy with a MCSE is asking you if you want fries with you happy meal.
July 07, 2007 10:04AM
Heh lycium.
I wouldn't really say that, I don't really expect honours to help my career much at all even, I don't know if I will even ever go the corporate route (Which is the only place it really helps).

Honours has quite a few interesting subjects, I am doing it for them.
Although I must admit the honours AI course for example was a huge dissapointment. sad smiley

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
July 07, 2007 01:37PM
malcolm Wrote:
> I
> don't know if I will even ever go the corporate
> route (Which is the only place it really helps).

that's what i was getting at winking smiley

> Honours has quite a few interesting subjects, I am
> doing it for them.

hmm not sure about this... we're both the sort that will eschew formal schooling for informal education! which brings me to my next point...

> Although I must admit the honours AI course for
> example was a huge dissapointment. sad smiley

should have done it on your own, instead of half-doing it for honours! that's if you're doing it for yourself (as you mentioned above).
Re: my blog
July 28, 2007 04:56PM
COS vs. INF

I always thought the IT is part of the computer sicence, but now I more feel that computer secience is part of IT. I am doing the ITM, to me the INF course is much easier than the COS courses... and also most of my difficult COS courses are luck of lectures' supports. (When the subjects that I need the lecture supports, I won't get any, but the subjects that I don't really need any supports, always get these so friendly lecture willing to help you...confused smiley
Re: my blog
June 23, 2019 10:23PM
5.1 online collaboratiob tool,s such as those in Google Apps, allows students and instructors to share documents online, edit them in real time and project them on a screen This gives students a collaborative platform in which to brainstorm ideas.
.presentation software ( such as power point ) enable instructors to embed high-resolution photographs ; diagrans, videos and sound files to augment text and verbal lecture content .
.Teblets can be linked to computers, projectors and the cloud so that students and instructors can communicate through text, drawing and diagrams.
5.3 Learners are directed in their use of technology. Asynchronous access to information and peer networks. some ability for learner to select platform , technology or even content Traditional classroom learning begins to be distrupred
June 23, 2019 10:33PM
wow, some serious thread necromancy here. 14 years old topic! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login