Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating of data

Posted by ShaunGVW 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Updating of data
July 27, 2006 07:02AM
Hi
I didn't get in the last assignment because of time constraints. Well, I did, but I didn't do the database question, only the objects one.

Last night I was trying to get it to work (the database), and what is happening is that everything runs fine, but it doesn't update any data to the database, even though I have the update command in the form close event handler. Any ideas what I can try? The funny thing is that when I was trying the assignment, I actually got it to work, but I can't seem to be able to tell what has changed now.

shaun
Re: Updating of data
July 27, 2006 12:14PM
Can anyone upload the following files from their delphi packages or mail it to me on brendonw@lona.co.za. My copy is now almost 3 years old and some of he files are corrupt and it needs major reconstrution otherwise I am facing a hefty bill for buying a new copy.

The files are:

rtl60.dll
rtl60.map
stdvcl40.dll
stdvcl32.dll

These are all system files and can be found on your c:\ drive under system32 files.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanx
Brendon

Re: Updating of data
August 07, 2006 06:59AM
In case others were battling to get their databases to update, I got mine to work. It would seem that you can't have spaces in your table fields, i.e. golf round woud have to be golfRound or golf_round or something similar. This is when you set up the table in the control centre.
Shaun
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login