Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up smiley Great decision from the S.O.C

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
thumbs up smiley Great decision from the S.O.C
April 23, 2007 01:38PM
Hi

I welcome this decision with all my heart from the school of computing. We spend great effort doing assignments that were not considerred towards the final marks. This will improve on UNISA's pass rate as it is in a poor state. It is a right decision the school has taken. In all other Universities, assignments are regarded as course work which contributes about 30% towards the final mark. 10% at UNISA is good but still unfair to us students.

I suggest UNISA scraps the requirement from the dept of Education. The latest decision is enough to motivate us to work hard. I always had a negative opinion to this requirement from the dept of Education. To me, it meant the school had no direction of its own other than to be directed by the Education Dept.

Brian James
thumbs up smiley Re: Great decision from the S.O.C
April 25, 2007 08:22PM
If I recall correctly, the Dept Req is to verify the amount of students registered or something like that, because the Dept sponsor the uni a certain amount per student.
Something like that in anyway
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login