Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam post mortem

Posted by cameltrax 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam post mortem
October 09, 2007 03:15PM
So lets test this. I wrote in UAE at 14:00. If you lot in Aus writes at the same time, it means you have not started writing yet, right?
Re: Exam post mortem
October 09, 2007 06:12PM
Aus? Dont you mean South Africa? tongue sticking out smiley
October 09, 2007 07:08PM
Hey

I was w0ndering... i f0und s0 many err0rs in the exam paper, will they credit us f0r th0se questi0ns???

I think if i studied m0re it w0uld have been a great paper...but h0pe i did well!

H0w did y0u 0ther guys find it?
October 09, 2007 09:47PM
I realy liked it. MCQ's can be tough, and it really test if you know the contents. The fill in the blank was tricky. Even the MCQ's was tricky.

Data flows was a breese, hope I got it right! I did it first while my concentration was good. Just did not like the idea of answering in the book, and needing to page around for rough work area. They can realy give us a answer book, it won't cost that much more. I am afraid some of my answers might go missing. And with the fill in, there was no place to correct yourself if you got it all messed up.

I think the exam covered the subject quite good. Just very concerned about the typo's! Obvious thing that should have been picked up on first glance. Like the miss numbering and option 4) A & B - what does it refer to. Luckily we understand the numbering system by now!

Well that's enough for now. The forum this year was very quiet. I found lots of good help on last year's forum. Wonder if everyone e-mailed each other. I like the forums, because then you can see other people asking the stupid questions you are strugling with without asking it yourself.

Good luck with the rest of your exams.

See you next year in the other forums!
October 09, 2007 10:28PM
Couldn't agree more, cameltrax!

The typo's was scary, will you be credited if you didn't answer, or if took a chance and selected an option, won't they see that as guessing?

3 down and 3 to go!

Good luck to all!
October 10, 2007 05:44PM
There were a few mistakes in the paper - it leaves you a bit uncertain as to how they are going to mark the erroneous questions.
2 down 6 to go.
October 11, 2007 12:09AM
Yeah, the paper seemed a bit dodgy.

3 down, 7 to go ;(
October 11, 2007 10:50AM
yup another classic dodgy paper from UNISA - which is now totally the norm, no quality control , no standards - maybe they should study some of their courses and develop some protocols and procedures !
or at least user interface design, ie how to design the exam paper for best/most efficient user experience...

the other thing I found vey distracting was the dual english/afrikaans mish mash, made following a question tricky, especially the longer ones.

Also did not appreciate the last question with having to flip pages constantly to follow the question and refer back to answer/diagram
agree a separate answer book would have been THE answer ! smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login