Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goods on a plate

Posted by FerdieL 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Goods on a plate
May 11, 2007 02:08PM
I don't mind helping fellow students with problems or questions as I sometimes need help from others, but I think sending an email to somebody asking for the solutions to assignments because he\she did not have time complete theirs is a bit too much. I spend evenings till late putting a huge effort in to complete all the work for my 41 assignments (11 modules) this year and think it is rather stupid to expect of me to put the goods on a plate. Besides, Unisa does not approve of plagiarism! Maybe I sound like somebody with a hormonal dysfunction, but it won't make you feel good anyway using somebody else’s work, besides, it won't help you to pass the exams!
Re: Goods on a plate
May 11, 2007 10:04PM
You are quite right. Taking part in discussion where thoughts and ideas are passed around on the forums is one thing, but expecting someone else to give you their work is ridiculous.
I've got 32 assignments this year (8 modules) - I don't know how you are coping with your 11 modules.
May 15, 2007 08:15AM
So giving the answers means that the recipient will pass the final exam? Why not give your answers and let the requesting student find out the hard way during the exam that practice is prereq for mastering the module?
It's exam time and I'm sure the stress levels are high smiling smiley take it easy guys!! If at first you don't succeed....just try again.
Good Luck
J
May 15, 2007 07:47PM
because then we could get busted for plagiarism ;/
May 16, 2007 07:47AM
My friend 2 people can work on the same project & get exactly the same answers without it being plagiarism.How about a study group working on an assignment together?? Find it in your heart to assist people...only good will come to you.
Like I said, I know it's exam time and stress levels are high!!! but helping another student should become part of us.
May 16, 2007 11:07AM
I think the point is missed. If a student did not have time for some or other reason to do the assignment and expect somebody who spent hours of their own time to do the assignment just to give the answers away and the person in question not putting in any effort is crazy!. Even in the case of a study group, everyone should do his bit and everyone must surely still work through his\her own assignments.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login