Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PAST YEAR PAPERS FOR INF105-9

Posted by london 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
PAST YEAR PAPERS FOR INF105-9
March 29, 2007 12:39PM
HEY Everyone I need past year papers so that i can see what to look for in the final exams, baring in mind that the final exam carries 90% and 10% comes from the assignments. I think it's quite hectic when the exams carry such a heavy weight.
Let's not forget that "Principles of IS" is such huge textbook. Oh my God I dont know if I can just study that whole book like a headless chicken, which is why I think it would be wise to get hold of the past year papers to get an overview of what the exams are all about.

Your help will be greatly appreciated and I'm also willing to pay for the papers. You know niks is vir gratis is suid afrika.
avatar Re: PAST YEAR PAPERS FOR INF105-9
March 29, 2007 01:30PM
London,
One of the regulations for the INF and COS subjects is that we need to hand in all exam papers after writing the exams. The only copies you are going to get (legally) is the parts that are included in a tutorial.
Reanie
Re: PAST YEAR PAPERS FOR INF105-9
March 29, 2007 02:20PM
Reanie thanks for letting me know.
So let me get this straight, your telling me that it might be possible for an exam paper to be repeated exactly the way it was set a year or couple back?sad smiley

Basically I know that is't rules and regulation so I can't argue with that, but what could be the reason for them to take the papers back after the exam?
Okay! I just need to know one more thing then. Do lecturer ever include examples of past papers in the tutorial letters?
I mean whoa let's be honest here "Principles for IS is like 760 pages(including index) and you probably have to read about 600 of those pages.
The module itself is not so difficult from the content that I've read thus far but if you need to store 600 pages of work in your brain for a 2 hour paper, you're bound to have "SYSTEMS CRASH"hot smiley and when you have that, oh not even the Queen herself or Bill Gates himself can help you there, especially if you're unaware of the important chapters and topics that you need to concentrate on.

Anyway enough of my whining and 21 questions. Thanks again REANIEsmiling bouncing smiley
avatar Re: PAST YEAR PAPERS FOR INF105-9
March 29, 2007 02:35PM
London,
I haven't re-written enough exams to know if they re-use old exam papers....
I have found that there is normally a special exam preparation tutorial sent out. They sometimes include examples from the previous year's exam paper or a layout of what you can expect.
Email me, I have copies of the 2001 & 2002 tutorials with exam questions. They might still be using the same style. (I've been at Unisa for a while...)
Reanie
reanie at netpoint dot co dot za
March 29, 2007 04:00PM
thanks a lot I'll do just that. You're a life saver.
Who ever said bitching never helped anyone was so wrong he must be embarrassed at this moment.I just got some help from an ANGEL sent from above.
April 04, 2007 08:56AM
In Tut 103 there are examples of exam questions.
April 20, 2007 08:13PM
dear sir/madam
1.what is the procedure for having the past papers?
2.i need somebody to send to me some copies of of chapter from priciples of information systems of 7th edition by stair
regards
williamhot smiley
May 03, 2007 10:35AM
There are no past papers available. The assignment questions will give you a good idea of what to expect in the exams.
Remember there is copy right on the textbook.
July 16, 2007 01:41PM
Advice From Some ONe Who Did The Module:
Study everything-approximately 50hrs exam preparation or you'll fail!
It's not difficult. it's just a lot of things that happen to be very related so errors creep in easily. Develop accronyms to be able to differentiate between related things cos most of them are similar and repeated in different context over and over again creating confusion
STUDY EVERYTHING!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
"If you can't Fly, Run. If you can't Walk, Crawl. But whatever you do, keep moving." Martin Luther King Jr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login