Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is your project going

Posted by matthew 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How is your project going
May 02, 2007 04:01PM
Mine isn't really... was wondering is someone else was working out how there modules work!
Anonymous User
Re: How is your project going
May 02, 2007 04:17PM
mine is going well, I submitted my first "assignment" on monday - it was due yesterday I think. I didn't put as much effort into this assignment as I should have , but oh well, it only counted 10%
May 03, 2007 03:03PM
how did that work? where you given an assignment by the project coordinator?
Anonymous User
May 03, 2007 04:08PM
yeah, I contacted the co-ordinator of the project I was interested in, then when she said its okay I do the project I contacted prof vd Poll who also said it was okay. then a few days later I got an email from the co-ordinator giving me the assignments and other stuff I needed. and I am registered for cos498 on the normal registration side.
May 04, 2007 09:40AM
smiling smiley i signed up for the description logics project - i've received 2 PDF files to read but no assignment yet!

uh oh.

anyway, i mailed prof britz and she said she'd give it a think over the weekend...
Anonymous User
May 04, 2007 10:22AM
heee heee heee heee smiling smiley I think your project all depends on which lecturer you have - I am glad mine is a bit more organised smiling smiley
May 04, 2007 11:00AM
Is anyone submitting sol through sol, or directly to the lecturers? I had a bit of a joke assignment (a one sentence project description and my contact details) that I e-mailed to the leturer, but haven't got a response as to whether I need to go through the normal channels. I guess there might be a logistics issue in getting things to the right people if they go through sol... er actually myunisa thingy now..
Anonymous User
May 04, 2007 11:28AM
I had to send mine via normal channels. Only my final project also has to go to the lecturer
May 04, 2007 11:51AM
can you share your assignment and project with the rest of us? i'd love to see what is happening elsewhere in the project modules!
Anonymous User
May 04, 2007 12:01PM
oh, my project is a literature survey on mobile agents and grid computing. My first assignemtn was basically smooshing together 4 differnt articles on mobile agents...

second assignment - I need to find at least 3 references that mention both grid computing and mobile agents and then summarise all of those....

pretty simple. but I don't have the time or patience for a "programming" project
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login