Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

registration

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
registration
March 12, 2007 04:35PM
has anyone managed to register for this module?
Re: registration
March 14, 2007 09:04AM
I'm still trying! My registration for the others I'm doing has not gone though yet...
Anonymous User
March 14, 2007 11:40AM
Hi

I am unable to register for any modules online. Are you all experiencing the same problems?

Cheers

sanjeev.
Anonymous User
March 14, 2007 01:53PM
I can't add extra modules. Tehy have closed the web registration cause of the 8 march close date.... you can try phone them or resgister via snail mail or fax?
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 08:10AM
But for those students whose registration depended on the results of the honours Jan/Feb exams, isn't the deadline on 3 April?
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 09:55AM
yep it is 3 april but they don't care
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 10:10AM
In the information brochure it is mentioned that we need to reregister using the computer generated application form, but I still haven't received mine yet with 3 weeks remaining till the deadline!!! is it really necessary to use that preprinted form?
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 10:47AM
email post-scientia@unisa.ac.za - ask them - its eiother that or sit trying to get hold of the call center sad smiley
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 11:01AM
Hi Celene

Thanks a lot. I've tried the email address but they take an awful lot of time to reply. The problem is that I am an overseas student (from Mauritius). I had once called but was redirected 4 or 5 times until I got the appropriate person for information!!!

Thanks again!

Sanjeev.
March 15, 2007 11:31AM
I suggest you guys phone the School of Computer directly and speak to the director, Prof Lucas Venter.

He advised me to fax my registration.

I received an email from UNISA this morning saying that I must fax my registration which I had done on Tuesday already.
Hopefully this works out well.

Celene, did you try adding your module on the myUnisa website already.
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 12:16PM
hi, yeah, Itried adding it and it told me additions were closed. I managed to get a reply from the email I sent and they have since registered me. smiling smiley

Now, what happens once I have registered, spoken to a project leader and got everything okayed with Prof vd Poll?
March 15, 2007 12:47PM
Just phone registrations.

They said I must phone back on Tuesday. They caputured it initially and someone higher up must then confirm it. They also seem to have a back log of three days apparently on faxed registrations.

I must still make a project choice. Not that easy as I thought.

Is your project in line with what you're doing at the moment at work?

This writing of more than 30 pages of info in eight months is going to be a real challenge for me.

I suppose I can only benefit from it. I am looking forward to it though.
Anonymous User
March 15, 2007 02:29PM
my project is on mobile agents and grid networking.. its a lit survey project. if by mobile agents they mean cell phones etc then perhaps yes, my work and project sort of interlink.
March 21, 2007 02:41PM
Hi guys,

Same issues for me sadly. I got an initial reply from the lecturer for my project, but nothing since then. I'm seriously considering canning Unisa and going somewhere else, but I'm already halfway through Honours sad smiley

Good luck to u all.
Anonymous User
March 22, 2007 11:14AM
you just have to keep bugging them - my registration eventually went through...

Ms Sherina Balmakund and ask her if she could add COS498-X to your list of modules.

Her details are:

Phone: (012)429-2398
Email: BALMAS@unisa.ac.za
March 22, 2007 01:48PM
I can confirm that this works winking smiley thanks Celene!

I'm trying the Domain Logics project - but I'm still trying to work out what exactly they are and what exactly I need to do for the project!
Anonymous User
March 28, 2007 09:56AM
Hi all

The deadline of 3 April is fast approaching and I still can't make up my mind which modules to register for.

Now, can anyone please tell me if they will accept my reregistration if I fax them. If so, what is the fax number?

Sanjeev.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login