Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 4

Posted by Lois 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 4
October 09, 2007 08:34AM
Hi

Is anybody else having trouble with Assignment 4? In particular Quesion 3 & 4? I have typed out the programs using all the procedures defined in the book, but I am not getting the results I need.

Q3 seems to run forever, and Q4 just gives me an answer of "no" sad smiley

Don't know what to do, i have checked the programs thoroughly and proof read it about 5 times.

Just wondering if anybody else is having this problem... I have a feeling its just me... grinning smiley
Anonymous User
Re: Assignment 4
October 09, 2007 01:04PM
um... question 3 is not supposed to be a program.. its supposed to be a paper question like q2.

not going to say much about q4 cause I got lazy and copied last years answer just so I could submit something - but that also causes an error after outputing two answers sad smiley
October 09, 2007 04:05PM
What i wanted to do for q3 was type out program and run the query on it, and then the plan it outputs is only what i need. But my program is running forever and ever and ever! confused smiley Anyways, i will just figure it out without typing out the program, because i think it is stuck in a loop somewhere.

As for q4, i don't have much time to work on this, so i am just going to submit my program the way it is.

And q2 is taking me so long to trace... going to have to cut a few corners there.
Anonymous User
October 09, 2007 04:21PM
but q2 and q3 are similar... its that planning stuff. Something along the line of:

1) Initial state:
[clear(2), clear(4), clear(b), clear(c), on(c, a), on(a,1), on(b,3)]

Goal state:
[on(c,1)]

Find an action that achieves on(c,1):
Move(c, From, 1) for any From. Look at the can function to find a pre-condition for this action:
[clear(c), clear(1), on(c, From)]
clear(1) is not in the initial state so this becomes the new goal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login