Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment Solutions and Exams 06/07

Posted by armada 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment Solutions and Exams 06/07
January 22, 2007 08:29PM
Hi All

The solutions to the assignments have not been posted on Osprey as yet. The Tutorial letter 101 states that "The solutions will also be made available on the COS 419 web page before the exams." I have the solutions for Assignments 1 & 2 and I desperately need the solutions to assignment 3. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.

Has anyone managed to speak to the lecturer about the exam. I'm guessing the questions are going to be similar to the ones in the textbook exercises, since all the assignments are based on the textbook exercises. But then the exam tutorial letter, sent out via email on the 9th Jan 07, states that: there will be 15 questions in the exam which are not necessarily essay questions. So I'm guessing that there are going to be some essay questions as well.thumbs down

This Tanenbaum textbook has got a s#!t load of definitions and concepts and I can't seem to remember everything, so I'm just going to be concentrating on the material covered by the assignment questions and maybe I'll browse through the rest of the text.

Good luck to all of you!
Re: Assignment Solutions and Exams 06/07
January 23, 2007 01:46PM
The solution is on https://my.unisa.ac.za/portal/ under the resources for COS419.
January 25, 2007 11:41AM
Thanks, I also needed that. Not sure why this wasn't posted to OSPREY.

Does anyone know how many marks the exam is out of?

Anyone got any useful tips for the exam.

It's difficult to study without a past paper. Most other subjects gave out past papers in their Exam tutorial letters. I've got no clue as to what to expect in this exam. I can't see how questions from the assignments can be asked in the exam since there is only going to be 15 questions.

Maybe the assignment questions will be combined and maybe some essay questions, pity we didn't have anything to practise on.
Anonymous User
January 25, 2007 12:24PM
Hi there

What I am doing is going through the rest of the exercises from the textbook. I feel that we may get one or two questions from the assignments for the exam. It's true, we have no clue as to the type of questions to expect. In my time table I'm asked to bring a calculator for this module, so there may be some calculation questions as well. I emailed the lecturer and he told me that we can expect some programmimg questions requiring very basic programming knowledge.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Sanjeev.
Anonymous User
January 26, 2007 12:27PM
apparently exam results are out on 20 feb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login