Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2 countdown

Posted by valkeye 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Assignment 2 countdown
June 02, 2006 01:06PM
Thanx Mel, better luck next time and all the best for ass 3. I hope you have enough credits to get to the 100 you need, because at the end of the day that is all that matters.
Mel
June 02, 2006 01:13PM
I'm sure I will, because I also have 20 from that assignment 70 thing!
June 02, 2006 11:05PM
This is the first chance I've had to log on for a while. 100% for assignment 2 - thats exelent Brendon.
I am still waiting patiently for my results for assingment 2.
avatar Re: Assignment 2 countdown
June 03, 2006 08:27PM
Well done, Brendonw.

I got 67 credits = 95% (69/70 for the first). I know that's a pretty good mark.... but I'm actually a little dissapointed in it... Wonder where I went wrong??

Oh well. No need to submit ass3 then I suppose.

-Valkeye
June 05, 2006 08:13AM
Thanx everyone. Hope you all did well. O ja, valeye if it makes you feel better you still have one credit up on me. I got 66 and 70 remember.
Mel
June 05, 2006 08:41AM
Once again I seem to be in the lucky group who's assignment results get posted last! For once it seems that having a surname beginning with "d" isn't an advantage! I continue to wait in anticipation...
June 05, 2006 09:13AM
Well, my surname begins with a "w" and I haven't seen hide nor hair of Assignment 2 marks...
June 05, 2006 09:33AM
Mine starts with 'w' and I have received mine already.
June 05, 2006 10:33AM
Seems to be pretty random. I suppose it depends on what pile your assignment physically lands in, and where in said pile. And I suppose different markers have different marking speeds.
June 05, 2006 11:00AM
With regards to the different markers.

I promise you guys that if someone else marked my ass2 I would not have received full marks. I just had a look at the solutions and compared it to my answers. Their is a difference in almost all the questions. Where they should have added more detail to explain to the user the input and output I added more and vice versa. The indentation of the if statements. Where I may have used a longer or shorter version they did the opposite. They also did not apply themselves to the questions correctly, look at question 3. The question asked us to display the outcome after each temp pair is read and compared, they do not do this in their answer, and this is after we sat up nights doing the assignment exactly how they ask us to do in the questions. I think it was Mel who pointed out the importance of using a check for division by zero error in question 5, well Mel they did not bother in their solutions. These discrepancies are all well and good and probably can be ignored for now, but what about consistency preparing us for the exam. Consistency to prepare us for the exam to ensure that we will not be penalized for an answer which may be correct for one marker, but a different marker objects. That one mark might just be all you need to pass or fail. Their trace table does not point out the values of the constants inside the functions, after again Mel and me pondered on this for a while.
Mel
June 05, 2006 01:10PM
I think one of my questions in the 1st assignment wasn't marked at all, but I didn't bother to query it because it just would have been way too much admin. It does concern me though, because we never see our exam scripts, so what guarantee do we have that they are being marked properly? Even if you go to the expense of paying for a remark, there's no guarantee this will ever be done.
June 05, 2006 02:43PM
Finally got my result for assignment2 - got 70/70
I have not received the model answer yet. I would like to see the difference. Although I must add checking the model answers vs your own asnwers is a little painful and takes up time which I do not have. Inconsistancies in the marking is a little troubling. How much is left to the actual mark sheet, and how much is left to the discretion and/or experience of the marker.
Scary.

AndreB
June 05, 2006 02:48PM
AndreB can you check who marked your ass2 I think the markers details appear on the cover sheet, if you receive it back from UNISA. I have a feeling it is the same person who marked my Ass2. I will check mine tonight will get back to you tomorrow.
June 05, 2006 02:52PM
I will do as soon as I get my assignment back. I just pulled my results from myUnisa. Are you handing in written assignments (post) or using the myUnisa upload facility?
June 05, 2006 03:09PM
Upload
Mel
June 05, 2006 03:13PM
Yay, I also got 100% for Assignment 2! Totally makes up for assignment 1...

I agree with you though Brendon: when I was casting an eye over the model answer (I received it before the results!) I remember thinking that some of my answers to a bit different. I'll have to wait until I get my hard copy back to see.

I think they should compile a list of commonly made mistakes, with the corrections, just to instill some kind of standardisation.
June 05, 2006 03:17PM
Well done, Mel

AndreB
June 05, 2006 03:18PM
Well done Mel!!

Brendon
Mel
June 05, 2006 03:20PM
Thank you, and the same to all of you!
avatar Re: Assignment 2 countdown
June 06, 2006 02:00PM
Congrats everyone.. It seems that this assignment has cheered up quite a few of our days.

I think I'll submit ass3. I'm in search of that illusive 70/70! smiling smiley

If we do well enough for a module do they give us money back??

-Valkeye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login