Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COS111U

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
COS111U
May 05, 2006 09:54AM

Hi There!!!
Is there anyone in the jhb, particularly the east rand that is doing COS111U that can help me, I only just received my course work and I am really desparate for some help! I just cant start and run the C++ properly.

Please Please Im Really Really Desparate!!!
Natalie Toureiro
May 05, 2006 02:19PM
Hi Natalie,

I'm not in JHB but maybe I can still help you. What are you having trouble with?

-Valkeye
Anonymous User
Re: COS111U
May 05, 2006 02:27PM
Hi there!!!

At the moment Im at work, not in front of my computer, let me try to explain what happens to me....
I type the entire code in, I click on compile, the little box comes up, and says done, but when I want to run it the black box keeps disappearing. What do you think it could be??

Thanks for being so helpful...

Thanks!!!
May 05, 2006 02:53PM
Ha.. same prob (i think) to what I had.
Firstly, are you sure it's compiling?
But... if you're seeing the black box flash it means that it's running and closing.

Best thing to do is look at the thread Close on Exit (4th from top of this forum) that should give you all your configuration settings.

Also, seeing that you're running out of time, if you find that that is taking too long or not working, insert:

system("pause"winking smiley;

just above your line:

return 0;

at the end of your code.

What that does is before closing the console it displays "Press any key to continue. . ." which is basically the same result as all the configuration changes you'll need to make.

Hope this helps, and hope you get through the work in time.

Good luck smiling smiley

-Valkeye
Anonymous User
May 05, 2006 03:51PM
Thanks!!
I will try that tonight.
I really really hope it works.

Thank you so much for you helpfulness!!

Its greatly appreciated!

Have a good day further!
May 08, 2006 01:48PM
Hey there,

Also check where you have compiled your work too... I had similar problems in the beginning where my compiler did not want to run my program... Found that if you're saving to a file with a space in the name it doesn't work... e.g c:/my_documents - not a good idea... try something like c:/cprograms ... or something like that
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login