Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 1 marks

Posted by devesh 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Assignment 1 marks
May 09, 2006 02:00PM
Hi Valkeye

What if the lecturer intended the exclution of 60 and 50, then what. Say the only possible marks are multiples of 2 starting at 0, prime numbers, but she omitted to tell us that this is her intention. Rememder mcq mark reading sheets can some times result in mark equal multiples of 2. This is why it is important for the lecturer to be exact in her questions. They can not turn around and say ja but we were suppose to know. Life is full of variables.
May 09, 2006 02:23PM
I know what you're saying, and in general I agree with you. This question is worded badly.

-Valkeye
May 09, 2006 02:27PM
Please let us all be on one page, I unfortunately submitted my assignment already. It is only afterwards while advising a fellow student on this question that I realised this mistake.
May 09, 2006 02:32PM
I see. I picked up the error while doing it, and just assumed what they wanted. But they def can't mark you wrong for following the spec.

-Valkeye
May 09, 2006 02:37PM
Email Mrs Viljoen at 'viljoe@unisa.ac.za', the more complains the better the chances that they will attend to this discrepancy.
May 10, 2006 12:27PM
Hi valkeye

They are going to credit students who did not use 50 and 60 in their answers. Thougth you want to know.

May 10, 2006 01:20PM
Nice one. smiling smiley

-Valkeye
May 10, 2006 01:22PM
Brendonw,

What do you think of the course so far? Also, have you programmed before?

-Valkeye
May 10, 2006 01:31PM
Old school this side, second generation programming languages, my skills are outdated and I am trying to catch up. The basic code styles are still the same, but I am trying to familiarize myself with all the functions and the extra tools we have in C++ that makes programming much easier.
May 11, 2006 08:42AM
So you guys are like already pros at this. This is my first programming language. Im strolling along and will hopefully pass at the end smiling smiley
May 11, 2006 11:12AM
Apply yourself and you'll do fine. All you need is a logical mind and the ability not to get into a pannic when you see a problem. Just break everything down into it's simplest components.

-Valkeye
May 11, 2006 02:24PM
okay Valkeye...I'll remember that when we in the exam room and my palms are sweating !!!!!
May 11, 2006 04:07PM
LOL smiling smiley

-Valkeye
May 13, 2006 04:06PM
Has everyone recieved their marks?

It's now saturday and I still havn't got mine.

thanks.
May 16, 2006 05:46PM
Hi all,

Is anyone still waiting for results for Assignment 1?
I have still not received my marks.
May 16, 2006 08:00PM
nope...

Still waiting!
May 16, 2006 08:08PM
valkeye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just glad i'm not on dial-up!! Having to check
> every day for the marks could start to cost quite
> a bit.
>
> If it takes this long to mark assignment 1, what
> about 2 and 3, let alone the final exam???
>
> - Valkeye

If u have a bluetooth enabled mobile you can use your gprs to dial up, its 3 times faster than normal dial up and you pay only for what you send and receive not your line time.

you will need a bluetooth dongle but they are fairly cheap and worth the investment.

my internet bil is avg R200 a month and i am on 2/3 hours a day.

if you need help setting it yup just drop me a mail at timo@inbox.com.

Ciao

T

BTW, i am stilling waiting for all my programming assignments results, so annoying

May 16, 2006 09:59PM
This is really strange...

Not only have I received my mark, but also my printed assignment, marks and lecturer's comments in the post.

Doesn't seem right, does it??

-Valkeye
May 17, 2006 08:21AM
Like valkeye, I have recieved my ass 1 and the feedback from the lecturer. Maybe this problem is only partaining to a certain area. Who have not received thier ass1 and where do you stay.
Mel
May 17, 2006 01:05PM
My assignment was marked, but there wasn't any kind of feedback, just a mark!

Is it just me or are UNISA slower with their postage this year? A couple of letters with important information pertaining to assignmens (errors etc) I've only received after the due date! Nice one...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login