Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Incomplete definition

Posted by maccaroo 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Incomplete definition
April 27, 2007 04:23PM
Excuse me if I'm being too strict here but there seems to be a glaring gap in the definition of what a PRC(squared) class is on p42 of the textbook.

The definition states that
1) the initial functions must belong to the class,
2) a function obtained from functions belonging to the class (by either composition or recursion) also belongs to the class

From experience in previous modules, it seems that the definition is missing a 3rd point:

3) Only the functions which qualify through 1) and 2) belong the the class.

Without point 3), any other function I choose could also be included in the class, since points 1) and 2) have already been fulfilled.
Anonymous User
Re: Incomplete definition
April 30, 2007 09:55AM
assignment 2 right? sorry, have not got that far yet. I stil lwant to know if the due date for the assignment is 15 june or 15 july....
Re: Incomplete definition
January 11, 2008 09:46AM
I would agree on 3, but the way the definition is constructed implies that not all functions have been identified in PRC and hence by point number 2, any new functions not known to be part of PRC but derived from PRC are part of PRC. The definition seems to be based on an inductive principle, not a classifying one (which would make your point valid).

BTW, hope by now you've realized it is not PRC(squared) just PRC. The 2 is a footnote.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login