Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting hold of the text book

Posted by gaf 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
gaf
Getting hold of the text book
March 26, 2007 09:17AM
Has anyone been able to find the text book for this module at a non-ridiculous price? If so can you perhaps let we know where you found it, because non of the official UNISA book sellers in Durban have stock and most have never heard of it.
Anonymous User
Re: Getting hold of the text book
March 26, 2007 09:30AM
Hi

Even I'm trying to get hold of the book. On Amazon it's 89.95 dollars. If I can't find the book I won't register for this module.

I'll try to contact the lecturer to see if she can help.

Sanjeev.
March 26, 2007 09:55AM
try amazon.co.uk too.... i got mine there last year...
gaf
March 26, 2007 12:06PM
Yeah, I registered before(or before I found out) they changed the prescribed material for this module. I'm just worried about ordering the book from overseas since by the time it gets here, I won't have too much time to do the first assignment. Now that the assignments count towards your year mark, I want to spend more time than usual on them.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2007 09:54AM
I got one from kalahari but at a ridculous price sad smiley
gaf
March 29, 2007 12:53PM
The ridiculous price is what I am trying to avoid sad smiley . There were a few books that I almost brought from Kalahari and stupid prices but luckily I found them at a local book seller after a LOT of searching, I ended up saving about R500 - R 600 a book and in some cases more(no exaggeration). So now I just have this one last book left, but there is no way I am paying over R800 for it. I just don't understand why the lecturers chose a textbooks that isn't available in S.A, you have to import it. And it's not like they never knew, it even says that it isn't stocked by local book sellers in tut102.
April 02, 2007 04:54PM
I do know for a fact that Van Schaicks (Pretoria, Hatfield) claims they have the book on order (it hasn't arrived yet). They couldn't give me a price for it though. But I am sure as soon as they realize this is such a hard book to find, they'll hike the price - they have done it before.
Anonymous User
April 03, 2007 07:07AM
I ordered mine from Barnes and Noble. It cost me around 83 dollars (inc postage).

I emailed the lecturer and this was her reply: "It is an expensive book and you have to buy it if you want to register for the module. I ordered my own copy from Amazon too."
Anonymous User
April 03, 2007 10:15AM
I got mine from kalahari...
Anonymous User
April 03, 2007 10:32AM
It's much more expensive on Kalahari. Just check out Barnes and Noble. It's the cheapest place I've found for the book so far.
May 21, 2007 09:16AM
Hi.

Has anybody ordered from Barnes and Noble? If so, how long did it take to arrive. I am thinking if i order it today, i would like to have it by the end of June (latest).

I just want to make sure this store is reliable. I seem to have really bad luck ordering online.

Thanks very much
Anonymous User
May 21, 2007 10:38AM
Hi Lois

I received mine after 6 weeks. Ordered: 28 March Received: 10 May.

Sanjeev.
May 22, 2007 03:26PM
Thanks very much!

I have ordered the book from Barnes and Noble. Hopefully it will get here in time...

My own fault for being soooo delayed...
May 31, 2007 03:37PM
Van Schaik just let me know the text book is out of print! They can;t get it for me anymore. Anyone in the same boat?
Anonymous User
May 31, 2007 03:52PM
Nope, I ordered mine from amazon.co.uk in feb or march and got it within a week
June 01, 2007 09:13AM
Hi Wroos

I also couldn't find the book anywhere locally, so i ordered it online.
It is abit expensive, but you can have a look at a couple of websites and take into account the time it will take to arrive.

www.amazon.com
www.amazon.co.uk
www.loot.co.za
www.kalahari.net
www.barnesandnoble.com

Hope it helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login