Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible essay questions

Posted by stevenv 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Possible essay questions
October 08, 2007 09:18PM
Has anybody got any info or concrete ideas on what possile essay questions we're likely to face? The list I have currently from past exam info and sample papers is:
1) Types of switching (circuit, message and packet)
2) Types of routing (fixed, virtual and packet)
3) Paging, segmentation and paging with segmentation
4) Threads and processes
5) Thrashing

Can anyone add to the list?
Re: Possible essay questions
October 13, 2007 03:51PM
Well in tut501 you'll see that every chapter has a checklist in the end. They state which parts of the chapter if an are essay candidates. Problem is, there's quite a few...
October 15, 2007 09:14AM
In the exam tut letter nothing is mentionned concerning essay type questions. Moreover the past papers were based on the 6th edition of the prescribed book and this years exam is based on the 7th edition. Don't you think that it does make a difference.
Any way the only lecturer for this module is unreachable and we cannot get any clarification and help from him.
Goodluck for tommorow.
October 15, 2007 09:17AM
I'm hoping there won't be any essay questions and you're right, the tut letter doesn't mention it but you never know ... good luck to you too.
October 15, 2007 09:35AM
According to tut103 , question 8, it is likely that there can be an essay type question.

It seems that we do not need to know the formulas since a calculator is not allowed?
October 15, 2007 03:05PM
Most of those formulas doesn't need a calculator.

I'm trying to learn most of them.

damn this is so much work, noway to get through it all :/
cool smiley Re: Possible essay questions
October 15, 2007 03:24PM
Hi Steven, possible essay questions can be found in the study guide. The ones you have I have seen in past exam papers too. Otherwise lets just study the assignments thoroughly for tonite and hope what we study comes out tomorrow. Yes Peter is right, there's few questions but anyway lets just do what we can.

Later all and goodluck.
October 15, 2007 06:49PM
eish!! essay
avatar Re: Possible essay questions
October 15, 2007 07:27PM
Yeah good luck to everyone. This subject is giving me the jitters. But most seem to do that to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login