Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Questions on the knoppix OS

Posted by united 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Questions on the knoppix OS
July 21, 2007 09:32AM
Hi! does anybody know if we will get questions on the Knoppix Linux Operating System in the exams? Thanks.
iva
Re: Questions on the knoppix OS
September 14, 2007 01:02PM
i also wish i knew, getting any info from the evasive lecturer is impossible. most other subjects have handed out previous exam papers or info on the exam or at least responded to info regarding questions on the exam. This lecturer has not replied o a single email i've sent all year. really disappointing.
September 15, 2007 09:44AM
I too didn't got any info on how the exam paper will be and there is only 1 month left for the exams. Let me know if ever you have any info thanks.
iva
September 17, 2007 08:11PM
check out the exam post theres a bit of info there
September 20, 2007 11:17AM
Yes, Knoppix Linux is part of the syllabus, i.e. the things we did in Assignment 03. Please see also the Exam tut letter.

Best wishes

Professor Andre (John A.) van der Poll

------------------------------------------------------------------
How about the Knoppix Linux system on our COS321-6 CD, will the exam paper cover that topic?

Best regards,
Student
September 21, 2007 09:21AM
The questions in assignment 03 on the Knoppix Linux Os was a practical one. We had to use the OS on our Computer to answer the questions. In the exams how are we suppose to answer the questions in the exam. Moreover according to the exam tut there will be no multiple choice question. I would like to know how will the question on the Knoppix linux Os be in the exam.

Thanks for your advice in anticipation

Regards.
Anonymous User
September 21, 2007 02:12PM
i have same questions as united...

how will our knowledge of linux be tested and how many marks will be allocated for this part?
October 08, 2007 07:57PM
I think its so classic that we have to learn the Knoppix stuff. The percentage of us who will go into jobs requiring Linux knowledge is probably quite low except for the higly technical people among us (and those getting into the networking field). Its so pointless to examine this as all you do is parrot-fashion learn the commands instead of focusing on the really important aspects of the module. I feel this Knoppix stuff was tacked onto the end for the sake of having a practical aspect to the subject, it has no relation at all to the rest of the module's content.
October 09, 2007 10:16AM
I am very upset for this module. We have only 1 lecturer and he seems unreachable. I have not received a single response from him nor any clarification I asked for.
October 11, 2007 05:53PM
According to TUT103 there is no Knoppix questions in the example paper , so I will not expect any in the real paper.

Rember to take a torch with you to the examine centre in case the power go.
October 11, 2007 07:17PM
OMG, exam by candlelight, just imagining smiling smiley

I wouldn't really work on the assumption that there won't be any questions. From my research on past exams, they've always included a few and in 103 under Syllabus, it does mention that we must work through the practical work on Knoppix. However, this doesn't counteract my original complaint on why its actually included!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login