Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chapter 15. Separate Compilation problem

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Chapter 15. Separate Compilation problem
July 16, 2007 09:39AM
good day everyone. I am struggle to compile a divided program into parts that are kept in separate files. Eg in chapter 15, they have give an employee program and this problem is divided into several parts like an employee header file, employee implementation part, hourlyeployee header file, hourlyemployee implementation file and so on.

My question is how do we link this together when the problem is run?

Do I combine all this classes in one project or separate them into different projects?
Basically, my question is how do you separate the interface, header and implementation files of different classes? E.g an employee in chapter 15.

thanks
Re: Chapter 15. Separate Compilation problem
July 16, 2007 02:13PM
There's a good explanation in one of the Tut letters on how to do this. I can't remember what number but I think its the one titles "Installing the software" or something like that.
avatar Re: Chapter 15. Separate Compilation problem
July 16, 2007 05:12PM
What you need to do is create a single project and then have seperate files within the project. If you do not have a single project file you will be unable to link the entire program together.

-Valkeye
Anonymous User
Re: Chapter 15. Separate Compilation problem
August 06, 2007 10:48AM
See tutorial letter 102 page 9-13.smoking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login