Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ass 2 marks

Posted by Johan Potgieter 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Ass 2 marks
June 24, 2007 10:11PM
Hey there...
Any one got there second assignment mark yet?

Thanks
Johan
Re: Ass 2 marks
June 25, 2007 08:18AM
No, still waiting.
June 25, 2007 10:03AM
Yes .. got mine a week ago.
June 25, 2007 12:20PM
This turnaround time on the assignments is actually just shocking!! UNISA should actually just be embarrassed and ashamed about their lack of service, as it has been just under 6 weeks and still no sign of our first actuall programming assignment. If UNISA carries on like this I think we can expect to receive our assignments sometime through the 3rd level 'Advanced Programming' course... If people are able to make it there (as UNISA isn't helping).

But once again, I think this cry of dissatisfaction is going to fall on deaf ears, as I doubt whether anyone in a position able to do anything will even see it.

How does UNISA expect students to prepare for an examination without giving guidance on people's mistakes! And all the stories and excuses in the world about mergers, staffing problems and backlogs mean absolutely nothing to the poor student who's trying to gain an education.

Come on UNISA, lift your game!
June 25, 2007 01:50PM
Well I for one am actually impressed with Unisa’s performance this year. I have received most of my assignments including Assignment 2 for Cos112, with great feedback on what I am doing wrong!

You should also remember that there are over 900 students registered for this course alone, then you add all the assignments for any other courses a lecturer is presenting and you end up with who knows how many assignments to mark and comment on.

So for me, when the turnaround time on a written assignment is just over 4 weeks I am happy!

smile
June 25, 2007 01:58PM
That's fine for you but its frustrating for the ones who haven't got theirs back yet. I'm still waiting for my first three MAT assignments to be marked.
June 25, 2007 02:49PM
I'm not downing the competance of individual lecturers because I agree that when the assignments come back, there is lots of useful comment on the them. The gripe I have is just the amount of time it takes for the assignment to come back.

If the argument is that there are so many assignments to mark, then hire more lecturers. We pay fees for a reason.

It's no good getting invaluable feedback on your assignment, telling you about a serious coding mistake you make repeatedly, if all the deadlines for the assignments have come and gone! Those few weeks could be the difference between passing and failing.
June 26, 2007 01:17PM
I got my marks back today. I'm quite pleased considering I normally struggle with this subject.
June 26, 2007 05:38PM
I'm still waiting on mine.. Getting quite anxious..
June 26, 2007 09:24PM
yeah me tooconfused smiley
June 26, 2007 09:59PM
You should get them in the next few days.
July 09, 2007 05:59PM
I don't know if I'm going crazy. I didn't do well on this second assignment but checking for some exam results just now, I noticed that my mark that [I'm convinced] was originally a "%" is now actually under "credits". I didn't do so badly after all.

Am I just losing it (too many assignments in one month) or was there an error on the system? If others of you did unexpectedly badly, perhaps just check.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login