Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

assignment 5

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
assignment 5
October 04, 2007 04:40PM
anyone started on their essays yet?
Re: assignment 5
October 15, 2007 08:25AM
i started it this weekend, but i am not yet done... and its is due today! sad smiley
Anonymous User
October 15, 2007 09:59AM
i just did the two questions.. I didn't bother with the essay sad smiley
Anonymous User
October 15, 2007 11:09AM
in any case the assignment will only be marked by the end of october, so ...
Anonymous User
October 15, 2007 12:35PM
if it gets marked at all
October 15, 2007 01:33PM
"Obtaining credits: You will not receive any credits for this assignment unless you
submit the research report (two copies) as described above, even if you submit the other exercises."

Since the other assignments only add up to 95 credits, submitting the report seems pretty non-optional.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2007 02:40PM
yes... but somewhere along the line there are two other options.. if you submit assignment 1, you get to write the exam, but if that doesn't hold for this subject (because no-one is too clear on that rule), there is a thing that if you submitted all assignments, you get to write the exam, no matter what your credit standing is. happened with me last year - I only got 92 credits but I submitted all my assignments so I was allowed to write the exam.
October 15, 2007 03:11PM
Well, I hope you're right, and considering we're paying for the damn thing, nitpicking over stuff like that does seem inappropriate. However, what's the point of describing them as rules if they're only guidelines?

Personally, I'm somewhat irritated at this assignment, its taken me so long to do the report I've not even read the chapters related to the two questions (never mind answered the questions), and yet its clear that knowing the subject matter is what's going to get me through the exam, not the quality or otherwise of my research report.

I guess one has to look at the bigger picture - writing this report has been a useful learning exercise in terms of writing academic articles, even if it has had little direct benefit in terms of achieving the degree.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2007 03:37PM
were you even able to find enough info? maybe I just tried to choose a really shoddy section of the work sad smiley
October 15, 2007 04:36PM
My final topic did evolve somewhat from my initial plan. Admittedly the "2001-2007" restriction was a bit of a pain, as much of the ground-breaking work in my topic was done before this, but eventually I found enough.
October 15, 2007 08:11PM
try some of the unisa online subject databases
there are TONS of recents articles there
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login