Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installation Problems

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Installation Problems
February 17, 2006 07:03PM
Ok, I promise I'll actually walk away from the pc after this question...

I did my Info Sci degree at RAU a couple years back. I also did a Web and Internet Design course through UNISA, and an E-Commerce course (ITEC). I am sure you compiled the notes for the ITEC course? If so, there was a paygate system we were allowed to play around with, and I've always meant to write and ask what the name of the site was where this was?

Thank you!

Alice has now left the building. Honest. smiling smiley
Mac
February 20, 2006 08:21AM
www.pricetag.co.za

If you want, I'll let you have the latest cart we're using (similar to the one we used) but with a pricetag module that you can add that will handle the payment. No support though smile
February 20, 2006 09:51AM
Yay thank you!

That would be fantastic - thanks! smiling smiley

No support.. I'll manage, or at least will try!
February 22, 2006 08:39AM
Hello people,

I have installed foxserv, but am having problems seeing .php files in my browser.

When I type http://localhost/ I get a welcome page from foxserv, not an Apache success page as has been mentioned in this forum by other students. I continually get file not found errors when requesting my .php files.

I followed the installation instructions as they are set out in the Manual. I have checked that the directories to which my files are saved are correct.

Please help.

Thanks
Wayne
Mac
February 22, 2006 09:50AM
The welcome page from FoxServ is exactly what you need to see. That means Apache (which besides parsing your PHP code also collects and dishes out the pages you ask for in your browser) is indeed running, and therefore you should not get any "file not found" errors, except if you type the path to the file incorrectly (which you say you aren't).

That is, http://localhost/direcotory/file.php

Start the Apache monitor (if it is not started thereby not appearing as an feathered icon on your toolbar lower right) and make sure it is green in the center. If not, double click the icon make sure Aapache is started, ie the start button is greyed out and the stop and restart button are highlighted.
February 22, 2006 11:45PM
After a protracted discussion with my computer to demonstrate who is boss, I managed to get everything functioning as it should be.

Thanks
February 26, 2006 05:00PM
Everything went OK.

Only got book now (e-book). I downloaded all the software.

Installed it all (no problem). Now I am ready to start!

March 02, 2006 09:42PM
I finally seem to have everything installed. I also had a problem with port 80 and Skype but thanks to the messages on this forum it now seems to be fine.
June 05, 2006 07:57AM
I switched on my PC last night only to find that MYSQL has got corrupted files in it, and is not working. I tried to re-install, but am unable to remove MYSQL and get the message: to "C:/mysql/data/mysql is not accessible. The file is corrupted and unreadable".

I have tried to install Apache, MYSQL and PHP on a Flash drive, but get the message: "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access.."

I looked at the Apache httpd.conf file and noticed it was full of @@ all over the place.

The computer I am using for the prac is not connected to the internet, so is it possible that somehow Pervasive.sql (which is needed for use with PASTEL) and MYSQL got into an argument, and MYSQL lost.

Anyway, back to trying to install. I hope it does not take as long as it took the first time around to solve this problem.

Mac
June 05, 2006 08:11AM
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/FoxPro/Q_20985349.html

need to regsiter to get to the answer. Eventhough it's Foxpro discussed here, it makes sense.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.