Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Test

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Re: First Test
July 05, 2006 04:35PM
Assignment 1 is just basic Q's like what is hardware, software, IT etc
Knw the memory types, sizes, Laws at end of module 1
July 05, 2006 04:38PM
cool. did u find it difficult, or just basics?

-Valkeye
July 05, 2006 04:40PM
What I mean is, is a casual read through the chapter enough?

-Valkeye
Anonymous User
July 05, 2006 07:25PM
Yes for someone who's working with pc or let me say computer literate Module 1 and 2 shouldn't be a prob. I got 100% for Mod1. Mod2 is just creating files, subdirectories etc. Searching something

You do great believe don't break ur head 'bout it. I did mod 7 as well got 92% f 4 it
Good luck
Anonymous User
July 05, 2006 07:26PM
Yes for someone who's working with pc or let me say computer literate Module 1 and 2 shouldn't be a prob. I got 100% for Mod1. Mod2 is just creating files, subdirectories etc. Searching something

You do great believe don't break ur head 'bout it. I did mod 7 as well got 92% f 4 it
Good luck
July 06, 2006 08:26AM
cool. Well I ope ur right. sure u are though..

-Valkeye
July 06, 2006 06:23PM
I wrote modules 1 and 2 and they were pretty reasonable except for one or two stupid questions. Problem is there is a number of different exams so I can only give feedback based on the ones I wrote.

Got to get down and write the other 5 as soon as my other assignments ease off.

Good luck
July 06, 2006 06:45PM
Thanks.. Will try post tomorrow with feedback. I can't believe that I've been programming for 3 years or so, using computers for 10 years or so, but am still worried about an ICDL!! It defies all logic.

-Valkeye
July 06, 2006 10:00PM
Hi all....let me tell you something.....dont kid yourself. Today I fucking failed Module 3 and I work on a computer everyday and I have used Microsoft Word often. The problem wasn't that the questions were difficult,,its just that some of them wernt explained too well.

so be carefull !!!!

I have passed...module 1, 2 and 7. Seven is a real joke....you should do that anytime......you dont need to do any preparation for it
July 07, 2006 02:38PM
Well, that was funny!! 97% for 1 and 2. Really, really straight forward. I liked it as the questions I had weren't ambiguous, they asked you to do something and you interfaced with the actuall computer desktop, and did it (not a simulated computer desktop).

For 1 I'd recommend reading through the module paying relatively close attention, you don't need to study facts, just know exactly what they're talking about.. Module two, read through the headings. If you're confident that you can do what the heading is trying to teach you, you'll be fine.

As for the rest, suppose I'll see when I do them.

-Valkeye
August 03, 2006 09:40PM
Well I got 99% for Module 4......beat that !!!
August 22, 2006 09:30AM
phew... Did 3, 4 and 5 last friday...

3 = 100%
4 = 96%
5 = 98%

booked my final 2(6 & 7) for 1 September, then I can be done with this thing. I must say though, it is nice to have at least 1 "give away" subject in the degree!! smiling smiley

-Valkeye
October 06, 2006 10:30PM
ROFL ok..so i didnt really bother about this subject and now the dbn comp lab is fully booked til 16 NOV!!!! HAHAHAHAAH

so basically im ritin MOD1 2 3 and 4 on 16NOV
and MOD5 6 and 7 on the 17NOV!!!!!

im so stressed out cos wat if i fail? haha..cant believe the year went by so fast!

i shouldn't actually complain though..cos it is my fault.. :<

anyway..just wanted to say THANX to you guys for all the hints and suggestions! i might just pass smiling smiley ehehehe

THANKS and good luck for all your'll's exams!

-shaKira-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login