Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Today's Exam

Posted by Johan Potgieter 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Today's Exam
October 27, 2006 05:00PM
Hello...

How was the exam for u guys? I just couldnt finnish the time was not enough. A quest, do the examiners mark pencil? A quarter of my exam is done in pencil because i didnt had time. Do u think they will mark it, bit worried about that?
Anonymous User
Re: Today's Exam
October 27, 2006 05:18PM
Ya - I also didn't have enough time - but that could also be because I walked in 5 min late and so lost about 10min of time.
I thought it was def more difficult than their sample exam paper - though with more time...could've been ok. Got stuck on quite a few silly things though.

I'm pretty sure they'll mark your pencil - they didn't say no pencil!
October 27, 2006 05:45PM
I did everything in pencil in Cos161 and they marked it.
October 27, 2006 07:55PM
I would have had enough time if I wrote everything in pencil. I rewrote alot of proofs in pen once i had them worked out.
Tarski's world Q took up alot of time not because it was that difficult but because there were so many things to look out for.
I didn't do the proof that had no premises or the nested CNF - DNF question (about 12% together). But all-in-all I thought it was fair though.

Got 3 exams next week. Eeeek! sad smiley
October 27, 2006 08:51PM
Exam was ok. There was just not enough space for the formal proofs. why did they make the dnf q's so tricky? I also didn't have enough time...

I wrote in Pretoria (tswane) and they handed us multiple choice mark reading sheets before the exam, I though I was in for a suprise... like Inf305. smiling smiley
October 28, 2006 03:33AM
Definitely not enough time! had to leave out 2 questions - 17marks!
October 28, 2006 03:43AM
Thanks for the time warning.
I wrote 8 hrs later than RSA and was really cranking it. For sure not enough time to even think about the proofs for a while.

I also wish they would let us answer in an answer book instead of the yellow book. I ran out of lines in some of the proofs.

On to the last two modules for the year....smileys with beer
October 28, 2006 08:01AM
I thought it was alright. Finished about 30 mins before the time but got really stuck with the "exactly two" and "at most two" elements-in-a-world questions. Fortunately only 5 marks smiling smiley
I found the 3rd question a bit difficult - the one where we had to draw up a truth table for Cube(a) or not Tet(b) etc (or something), I wasnt sure how the TT should look...
October 28, 2006 05:34PM
Hello

Mmm, I have never battled as much as I have this year - only my 2nd subject I wrote so far this year, and something must be wrong! I could hardly finish! Well on to the next two I don't think they are going to be any easier! help! Cos221-3 and Cos201-v awaits! aaagh!

I did however enjoy this subject the most this year - even though I'm not the best at it!

Cheers!smile
October 30, 2006 08:39AM
Do not panic. Though we do not encourage using a pencil right through the whole writing of the exam,the exam scripts written in pencil will indeed be marked.

Lecturers
November 04, 2006 09:10AM
Ah thank you, im so glad to hear that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login