Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Exam
June 05, 2006 10:42AM
I post this every year, since our approach has been the same every year....

You are only allowed to take your handbook into the exam venue, i.e. NO notes.

Our intention is not to "catch" you out or trying to "nail" you. The questions are very fair.

Do not expect short questions in the theory exam. Essay questions WILL be asked, and you are expected to convince us that you are able to combine

- the handbook content
- the extra material that you downloaded
- and whatever else you have learned the last few months outside of the formal stuff (you did think about ecommerce a little bit more and did read a bit wider, not so?)

into convincing answers. The keyword is "application", i.e. application of content. No factual questions will be asked - only application-type questions.

Anyone can copy content from the book to the answer book - we don't want that and you will not receive marks for that. Obviously you may copy and combine various "snippets" of content into your answer, but we don't want you to just "copy and paste" from the handbook. In fact, we expect you to add some of your own interpretations and ideas.

QUALITY as opposed to QUANTITY is what we want. So take some time to think before you write. If you cannot convince us, do not attempt to confuse us...

Good luck.

Re: Exam
June 06, 2006 05:28PM
Wish I had seen this post yesterday, was having trouble with my 3G may have helped me prepare better for the paper. smiling smiley
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.