Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PriceTag Problems

Posted by markdp 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
PriceTag Problems
May 03, 2006 07:33PM
I'm also having problems with PriceTag. Anybody else?
Mac
Re: PriceTag Problems
May 04, 2006 09:00AM
With the company?
May 04, 2006 07:39PM
No, the site. When I try to enter https://www.pricetag.co.za/[merchantnumber]/new/start.asp I get "Merchant number missing..." (and I did replace [merchantnumber] with my merchant number).

I've even resorted to using Internet Explorer as my browser and it still doesn't work! smiling smiley

...and those brackets around the link were added by this forum's software, not me.
Mac
May 05, 2006 08:16AM
Strange. Just give it a day - I use them in real life nad know that sometimes it takes a while "to get you registered", as strange as it sounds. Otherwise email them.
May 15, 2006 11:33AM
I get "The page cannot be displayed" error when i try to apply. I can get to www.pricetag.co.za, but not /apply/apply.asp
May 16, 2006 08:20AM
I also got the same error of "page cannot be displayed (404)" when following the link in the tutorial. Do we just follow the register link now?
Mac
May 16, 2006 10:07AM
Aaah - looks like they have changed their site in the last week..

go to www.pricetag.co.za
Looks like you have to register first (top right). Once you've dome that, you'll probably be able to register for a merchant account.
Mac
May 16, 2006 10:47AM
No, not so. Registering on the site does not give you any more options to regisiter as a merchant.

I'm emailing them to hear and will post their response here.
Mac
May 17, 2006 01:24PM
Pricetag has changed their site and registration system. So the procedure described in the tut letter is not valid anymore. They phoned me and this is what they ask you to do.

Send an email to ann@pricetag.co.za requesting to be registered as a Unisa student (put that in the subject line - Unisa Student)

Then just give a dummy name for you business in the text.

That shoud do it - if they request anything ele, please post it here.

May 18, 2006 03:59PM
The guys at Price Tag has been stunning.
Yesterday or the day before I tried to register.

Well Long story short they phoned me this morning and helped me.
They are really great, and I will be using them in future. "for real"

Thanx Mac,
Its hands on "Im loving it!"

Werner
Mac
May 18, 2006 07:54PM
I make use of them in real life. You try setting up a merchant account at a bank, They require a business plan, statements, minimum balance (I'm starting a business, for goodness sake!!).

You also have issues with secure servers, protecting customer card information etc etc. PT does all of this, since all client information is on their side. You pay a bit more (5.7% of each transaction is steep, over and above the R199 p.m.

But hey, it less trouble..
May 23, 2006 01:36PM
Hi Mac,

I'm getting a "Not a valid mercant." message on the pricetag site when i do step 3 on the practical...

I did receive my Merchant id on the 10th May.

Wut shud i do?
Mac
May 23, 2006 04:16PM
Eish. Pray? No seriously, I know PT is changing their whole system. I assume since we are not live clients, we're likely to get these errors from time to time. Not great, but at least they provide us with experience on using a merchant. Try again - if it persists, then we can ask. As long as your code is correct, you've done what you could.
May 23, 2006 04:19PM
Shud i send an email to ann@pricetag.co.za?

Coz, i c they have upgraded to a .Net website...
Mac
May 23, 2006 04:25PM
No, give it a day or two..... are yiu sure it worked before, and then stopped working without you having changed anything?
May 23, 2006 04:28PM
Yeah, i did register on their previous site... then i got the merchant id from one of their guys - Willem Steyn.

I didn't change anything. unless merchant ids expire after a while.
Mac
May 23, 2006 04:51PM
I suggest you timmer on the rest of the site until we get clarification. The id's should still be the same.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.