Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New syllabus

Posted by Duncan89 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
December 03, 2013 08:23AM
Hi Mac,

I found an online copy of the book for the new syllabus and I have to say that I wish I was only starting your PHP course in the next semester sad smiley I am not saying our current book is bad, but looking at the content of the new book is rather expansive just at a glance.

I am rather jealous of the book you picked out for the next round of students. I am actually going to buy the handbook regardless. confused smiley I am already finding things of interest in the content.

Just out of curiosity, is there a repository where we can find the tutorials for the courses? I know that studynoteswiki.com has a lot of old course resources, but not really for the diploma crowd sad smiley I would really love to look at what next year's tutorials are going to be. I plan on doing ICT3612 in the coming semester and therefore will miss out on the migration to the new syllabus as well, would you suggest I wait for the following semester so that I can pick up on the new syllabus? I actually wouldn't mind covering both books (which I will be doing now regardless tongue sticking out smiley)
Mac
Re: New syllabus
December 03, 2013 11:07AM
The new book is the best out there, no doubt.

Cannot make tuts available since it is copyrighted sad smiley the focus is on the book in any event, with assignments MCQ and focussing on theory, and the exam focusing practical skills learned by completing all in-chapter and end-of-chapter exercises. That is, if you do not complete the exercises, you will not be able to answer the questions. Solutions to all exercises are provided (you cannot just read them), the forum used as a groupwork/discussion environment.

Self study is the way to go... because the forum support and discussion is the only add-on i.t.o. extra knowledge and support. This course is about learning PHP, and the handbook is geared towards that.
December 03, 2013 12:40PM
Thank you very much for the information.

I am trying my best to find all necassary resources needed to start a successful career as a developer. So much to learn judging by entry level job adverts confused smiley
December 03, 2013 07:50PM
Which chapters of Murach are applicable to ICT2613 / ICT3612 ?
Mac
Re: New syllabus
December 04, 2013 08:37AM
1-12 -> ICT2613, 13-23 -> ICT3612
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login