Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 1 Feedback

Posted by 42639727 - Yash 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 1 Feedback
October 24, 2013 06:48PM
I would like some clarity on the feedback stating "see host site home page link does not work".
What does this mean? Or was it a problem with the link for the code.txt file?

I'm confused and I do not want to make any mistakes like this on my portfolio.
Mac
Re: Assignment 1 Feedback
October 25, 2013 07:16AM
That means visiting the page your page was not served, but the default page that is presented when you open the account.
October 25, 2013 11:33AM
I understand what you mean. And I still received an A for my assignment.

I tested my site via Firefox, IE and Chrome and not once did I get the default page for my assignment or currently for my portfolio.

Might there be any reason(s) why this has happened?
avatar Re: Assignment 1 Feedback
October 25, 2013 02:01PM
Possible reasons -

If you do not have a page named index.??? in your domain directory, the server re-directs to a default page. It is a security issue to prevent anyone from getting access to your directory structure.
Your site will only auto-run if you have an index.??? page in the domain directory.

Ditto, if your index.??? page is in a sub-directory.

If this is the case, the only way to load the page is to specify the full URL and file name, which the marker is unlikely to do.

It has nothing do with any specific browser.

[Edit - It is of course "highly unlikely" that you could get an A if the marker could not access your site.]
Mac
October 25, 2013 02:03PM
No, that can't be. There may be an error in the feedback posted... I'll have to check. The list was ordered so maybe something went wrong becasue that is not the comment across your name in the marks sheet. Can't access my.unisa to double check.
October 25, 2013 05:38PM
bigron11 - my page was named index.php and was saved in the root directory. I did not do anything wrong and sure it was a mistake.

Mac - Phew, feeling a bit relieved now. I am sure that it was just an incorrect comment added to mine eye popping smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login