Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

phpMyAdmin

Posted by 30627303 Naaz 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
phpMyAdmin
September 04, 2013 02:43PM
I have now reach the section on mySQL. I'm using easyPHP on Windows 8. I want to access phpMyAdmin and instructions given on homeandlearn refers to WAMP. I then went to resource folder where I got other instructions how to access phpMyAdmin. According to it you have to go to your domain and use the account created for you. Don't understand so clearly and it also look like you have to be online Is there anyone that can assist me on how to access it.
September 04, 2013 02:51PM
There are 2 basic options to use phpMyAdmin -

1) Installed on your own computer -

If you use WAMP, it automatically installs phpMyAdmin as well, so it is easy to access.
(I use WAMP, so not sure about EasyPHP).

According to the EasyPHP documentation, phpMyAdmin is included in the installation, so you should have no problem accessing it.
Look here -

http://www.easyphp.org/

2) On your ISP server -

Most ISP's provide mySQL and phpMyAdmin as part of the package. How you access it varies between ISP's. Look at their help pages to find out how to access phpMyAdmin on their server.
Re: phpMyAdmin
September 04, 2013 03:30PM
Thanks. Problem is that I am used to Windows 7 and not 8. Navigated a bit and found it under configuration of easyPHP. Looks a bit different to the tutorial but I guess I will have to adapt.
September 05, 2013 09:54AM
I am practising the examples given in the reference book and the homeandlearn site. Im experiencing problems with connecting to the database. This is what I type:

Language: PHP
<?PHP $user_name = "root"; $password = ""; $database = "addressbook"; $server = "127.0.0.1";   msql_connect($user_name, $password, $server); print "Connection to the server open"; ?>   I then get the following message. [color=#3300CC]"Fatal error: Call to undefined function msql_connect() in C:\EasyPHP-5.3.3\www\test\connect.php on line 7"[/color] What am I doing wrong. Should the php files be in the same directory as the database files? My PHP files in a directory called test under c:\easyPHP\www and the SQL is located at c:\easyphp\mysql\data
September 05, 2013 10:02AM
It should be "mysql_connect".

Your script is poorly constructed - it will report that the connection has been made even if it is unsuccessful. Add
Language: PHP
or die("Error message");
September 05, 2013 10:26AM
I am now getting an error message:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\EasyPHP-5.3.3\www\test\connect.php on line 7
September 05, 2013 10:37AM
Try using "localhost" instead of "127.0.0.1"

Is your EasyPHP server running ?
September 05, 2013 11:24AM
Thanks Bigron. It looks like spelling is important. Got it working after sorting out spelling
October 03, 2013 10:51AM
Hi Mac or anyone that can help me ASAP

I was making some changes to my database on PHPMYADMIN and i kept receiving a message that states i need to put in a password because its not safe, upon putting a password i can no longer access phpmyadmin

i uninstalled and reinstalled i cleared the cache and i also made the password change to the config.inc file but still nothing works

i need help please anyone im on the verge of tears
October 03, 2013 11:30AM
From EasyPHp FAQ -

WARNING: if you set a new password for the "root" user, you will not be able to access phpMyAdmin anymore, or you will need to re-configure phpMyAdmin: edit the "EasyPhp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php" file and set your new password with this line $cfgServers[1]['password'].
For Example:
$cfgServers[1]['password'] = 'mynewpassword'

You don't say what you re-installed.
If you re-installed EasyPHP, then mySql would also have been reinstalled, and the password reverted to the default password.
October 03, 2013 12:04PM
Thank you so much

seems to be working now

i can carry on with my very difficult project

Im using Easyphp

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 03, 2013 03:01PM
Hi guys,

m failing to connect to my database. I am getting a fatal error message stating that maximum time of 30 sec exceeded and a warning : mysql_connect() [function-connect]: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not propely respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond >>>>>>>>>>>>
October 03, 2013 03:11PM
Are you trying to connect to an ISP, or a local EasyPHP installation ?

Are you using "localhost" ?

Need more info.
October 09, 2013 10:31PM
confused smileyi have the same but im using localhost.Any assistance will do.
Thanks in advance.
October 09, 2013 11:03PM
Try changing "localhost" to "127.0.0.1:3306"

If that doesn't work, post your connect.php script.

And confirm if you are trying to connect to a server, or to a local EasyPHP installation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login