Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment1 - Code Text

Posted by OngeskikteVeldmuis 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment1 - Code Text
August 20, 2013 10:35AM
I am having an issue with my code .txt file... where it opens in the popup window.... with Chrome and Firefox it works fine.. but for some reason IE parses the .txt file as HTML...

Will I be penalized for Microsoft's incompetence? confused smiley
avatar Re: Assignment1 - Code Text
August 20, 2013 11:30AM
Use content="text/plain" and NOT content="text/html"
Re: Assignment1 - Code Text
August 20, 2013 11:45AM
Ok sorted now... it seems the issue was the hosting service that I was using! thumbs down.... switched over to FWHA and this was sorted, along with another issue I had where the original host gave me 404 errors on the .txt URL.
August 20, 2013 11:52AM
Hi, I'm currently using zymic webmaster as my server and would like to find out if this is the relevant server to use.
August 20, 2013 12:27PM
You could use any host that has the prerequisite features (php/mysql)
August 20, 2013 02:51PM
Hi I have been trying to install Easy PHP on my computer, but apache could not run due to that
the port might have been blocked by firewall or that another server might be using the web port.

I would like to know if I should change my windows which windows Vista or there is any other option I should do.
Can anyone please help me.sad smiley
avatar Re: Assignment1 - Code Text
August 20, 2013 04:04PM
Change the port in apache to some other port other than port 80.

If you have Skype running, then close it down, it also uses port 80.

Another one from Google -

Another way to stop this from happening and solve the problem quicker is to go into the “Configuration->EasyPHP” [Ctrl+E] and make sure that the “Check server’s TCP port before starting” checkbox is not checked. This forces apache to just start and seems to work just as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login