Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fixture table

Posted by BALOYITISETSO 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
fixture table
September 16, 2013 07:48PM
hi mac, i don't understand the fixture table, "opponents", how am i going to generate this, how does it works.
Re: fixture table
September 16, 2013 07:51PM
hi everyone please help me with fixture table, i don't get the idea what are we suppose to do.
Mac
September 17, 2013 07:51AM
You insert a fixture (the fixture id is generated automatically), you insert opponents, date and a venue. The fixture id is used in the teams selection table, the latter which you need to create according to your requirements. When you draw the team selected from the latter table, you also draw have the fixture id, which you can then use to get the opponents and venue information from the fixture table.
September 19, 2013 10:44AM
Are we also required to edit or delete a certain fixture from the fixures table??
Mac
September 19, 2013 12:48PM
P 15

... insert, edit (update) and delete all player information, fixtures and selections
September 21, 2013 06:07PM
Im cracking my head over how the fixture table should be done on one page. I came up with something like this.
I create three buttons with add, edit and delete. It will then look like this:
Language: HTML
<form action=';'; method=';post';>//incomplete <button name=';add'; value=';add';>Add Fixture</button> <button name=';edit'; value=';edit';>Edit Fixture</button> <button name=';delete'; value=';delete';>Delete Fixture</button>   </form>

When Im done I will then use the IF...ELSE to say that if the user click on Add it will take them to the addFixture page. Am I correct cause doing all the code on one page just seems to be endless
Mac
September 23, 2013 07:49AM
It is not endless - it is three sections.
September 23, 2013 09:48AM
I got my three sections that I used with addFixtures, editFixtures, deleteFixtures. I am going to use an example to possibly express what I mean. I got a table with all the info in it. I click on a record to edit it. When pressing edit it will take me to the section editFixtures. editFixtures will then give me the form that need to editted. My question is whether this form will appear on the same page as the table or can i do it on a different page then the table.
Mac
September 23, 2013 12:18PM
You can just add another condition to the page, which presents the form. There are various approaches you can follow, in the end about usability. For example, the table can be code that is always shown, regardless if you add/edit/delete - in this manner, you present the edit form, submit it and then have a standalone condition that accepts the form submission (as opposed to inside an if/else condition). Of course, you can have the form as a function on a different page (say in functions.php, a page that includes all your functions), then include this page and call the form when required.
September 25, 2013 01:15PM
My fixture table is done. Just seems to have a problem with the update. When updating I get the following weird thing on my screen before it display the row that I want to update : . When clicking update it then gives me an error : Notice: Undefined index: fixture_id in C:\EasyPHP-5.3.3\www\test\updat.php on line 4. I can't understand why this is undefined cause it was working right through even calling up the record that I want updated.
September 25, 2013 02:42PM
Check that all your $_POST array items are defined correctly, and that all variable names are correct.
September 25, 2013 02:48PM
Thanks, Bigron. I did that and the spelling of one variable were wrong. But i still seems to get an error. Still trying to work through my code and if I don't get it right by tomorrow, I will have to post it.
September 25, 2013 03:21PM
Thanks, I managed to get it to work. Problem was that I did not type WHERE id = fixture_id. Now it is on to the next section which is Team Selection. And it seems that everyone have a problem with that one.
Mac
September 25, 2013 03:55PM
30627303 Naaz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, I managed to get it to work. Problem was
> that I did not type WHERE id = fixture_id. Now it
> is on to the next section which is Team Selection.
> And it seems that everyone have a problem with
> that one.

That is where you show us that you are a step ahead smiling smiley It is the difference between a pass and a good mark.
September 25, 2013 03:59PM
I will opt for a good mark. But I am just glad that I did this course even though I was supposed to finish my first level courses. This subject is more practical and more doable. I agree with one of the students that this is the best course thus far and through our mistakes we learn a lot. I just need concentration and focus.
Mac
September 25, 2013 04:05PM
30627303 Naaz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will opt for a good mark

That is the attitude! Of course, this is not a one-stop-solution-shop, so spend time until you really get stuck. That is how one learns.
September 25, 2013 04:10PM
I'm busy working on my fixture table, but things just couldn't get the way I want them to be. I want to know if I should put my own data or rows in those tables or should I create them wihtout any data?
Please help me out on this one.
Mac
September 25, 2013 04:41PM
Th fixture table is cast in stone... sort off. We mark your logic, so if you can improve it is welcomed (there is space for it - the requirements are set to basic) . Remember, we add data to test your all your code, so it can be empty. However, make it easy on us smiling smiley and leave some data (easier for us to see a list than to add before we can view). You will not be penalized if you do not though....
September 27, 2013 02:15PM
My application is functionning well, i need help to solve this problem: Undefined index...
Mac
September 27, 2013 02:46PM
Do a forum search for "undefined index" because it has been addressed many times....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login