Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete Portfolio

Posted by Milnay-78108276 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Complete Portfolio
September 15, 2013 04:15PM
Will it be acceptable having roll over colors on my website instead of roll over images?
Mac
Re: Complete Portfolio
September 16, 2013 07:24AM
We want images please.
September 16, 2013 12:34PM
Ok thanks.

I have a folder for my website. Inside i have an folder for my images called Images. Then all my html documents is not in an html folder.. The moment i create one and place everything there, everything is messed up.. How do i correct this?

Same with my css file.

Thank you!
September 16, 2013 12:49PM
Make your images and css directories sub-directories of your project directory. Place all your HTML files in the project directory, you do not need a separate directory for the HTML files.
September 16, 2013 07:00PM
Ok, so in other words i just leave it as it is now?
September 16, 2013 08:04PM
Do our portfolio need to be arial pt12 or is that just an example?
Mac
September 17, 2013 07:59AM
You can use what you want.
October 23, 2013 12:53PM
I have created the navigation links horizontal below the logo. It has 6 pages and other pages are placed somewhere within the site. The question is do i have to put the required 8 pages in the navigation area?
Mac
October 23, 2013 01:49PM
Usability will determine if the user can find those pages easily. Why don't you just not add all the links to all the pages?
November 05, 2013 12:23AM
Hi

I am struggling to put my all my pages onto the web host. I have uploaded all the CSS, HTML and images into different folders on one directory, but when I type in my url, it opens up a page with my "index" listed instead of going into my first web page.

What should I do, so that it works the same way it did when it was on my computer?

'Start small, start young'...
November 05, 2013 03:41PM
HELP!

I am having the very same problem, but for me my url send me back to freehostingwebsite.
Please help time is running out
November 05, 2013 04:08PM
Hi,

Don't put your html into a folder, and only place the others (images and css) in folders if that is how they were stored on your pc, your code needs to read images/example.jpg to access the folder otherwise it will be looking for them in the main directory.

Not sure if you are having problems with the size restriction but I am using the free hosting site and I have at least 50 images and 9 pages and I did not have a problem with space. Make sure you have reduced your image size to the exact pixel size at 72 dpi in order to reduce the size and loading time.

Hope this helps!
November 05, 2013 04:09PM
Try uploading your html files onto the server without it being in a folder but keep your CSS file and images in the folder.

Should look something like this

----------------------------------------------------

> index.html
> about.html
> images folder (this is the folder your images are in)
> ****.html
> CSS folder
> ***.html
and so on
-----------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps
November 05, 2013 04:50PM
You must have a file named "index.html" in the main directory, ie: not in a sub-directory.

Usually - www or public_html

index.html is the page that will load when a user accesses your url.
November 05, 2013 05:34PM
Thank you very very much its working, only few issues I need to attend
November 13, 2013 03:44PM
Professor, can I use Lorem Ipsum for the text in my website wherever I plan to put in large paragraphs, or should I use something realistic (like actually describe my imaginary company)?
Mac
November 14, 2013 08:35AM
Please no Lorem Ipsums... it is a "real" site... but the submission date has passed?
November 14, 2013 10:43AM
I don't understand - isn't the submission date the 18th of November??
November 14, 2013 11:45AM
It was the 5 November 2013, but however it seems many ppl experience some difficulties sending their URL as their email were being rejected.
November 14, 2013 02:13PM
Well, I don't have that excuse and I don't want to cheat. I know the rules about the submission date are very strict, but is there any way that I can still submit my project?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login