Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Completed project dates

Posted by Milnay-78108276 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Completed project dates
July 20, 2013 11:00PM
Hey, can somebody please tell me what the dates are that certain projects (for example the index page and the rest) should be completed? I just want to monitor my progress in some way.. Thanks
avatar Re: Completed project dates
July 21, 2013 10:25AM
Hi Milnay smile

When you log into your MyUnisa account click either the My Admin or CSIW1DT-13-S2 tab and then click Assignments in the top left hand corner, there you will find all due dates.

Assignment - 15 August 2013,
Portfolio - 05 November 2013.

To submit your assignment and portfolio follow the steps given in the tutorial letter.
Re: Completed project dates
July 21, 2013 08:10PM
Hey, i did go there but the page wont open..

The assignment for 15 Aug is that the index file?

And 5 Nov the completed website?

Thanks for your help!
Mac
July 22, 2013 07:53AM
Correct.
July 23, 2013 04:09PM
Prof I am currently getting good ideas of web design through youtube videos, so is it acceptable for me to share the links for other students to be able to watch also or are we suppose to share only the staff that we are currently studying.
Mac
July 23, 2013 05:21PM
You can share knowledge by all means please!
July 28, 2013 08:21PM
I am part of a company and i decided how the website layout should look like but did not write the code myself for that current website. Will it be acceptable if i do a similar one, as it is my own design and just write my own code with some changes?
Mac
July 29, 2013 08:13AM
Yes you can do that - as long as you don't peek!
August 06, 2013 01:33PM
Hey mmmphaphuli, could you please forward those links you talked about from youtube, i'd like to get as much info as i can, especially tips about the web design.
August 12, 2013 04:53PM
Hi, is there any way where i can get confirmation if my assignment has been received?
Mac
August 13, 2013 08:14AM
Just keep your record of submission, then you are OK.
August 13, 2013 03:29PM
Hi guys,sorry for joining so late smiling smiley only got Internet access now(due to telkom messing up my line) smiling smiley curious question, the assignment due on the 15th...does it require only html coding or can I use css stylesheets as well? thanks smiling smileynice to meet you all
Mac
August 13, 2013 03:38PM
It is up to you what you use.... a hidden part of this assignment is getting it online.
August 13, 2013 03:40PM
another thing....,if you guys need a good photoshop like program here's a link http://www.gimp.org/ ( works just as good as photoshop except It's free)... I work for a designing/printing company and use it smiling smiley so It's good
For designing needs like corel draw use http://inkscape.org/ , if you need any help with those programs just give a shout out sweet smiling smiley
August 13, 2013 03:41PM
Thanks for the reply smiling smileysmiling smiley
August 13, 2013 03:55PM
Hey guys

Is anybody also experiencing a problem with viewing the complete assignment on your own web site? because I have completed the code and when I test it from the Notepad++ and view it with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, it shows a perfectly coded web site, the problem is having see if also does work on my own web site...anyone with suggestions please assist. I'll appreciate the help.

Thanks
Tshepso
August 13, 2013 04:00PM
Hi Tshepso

Not quite sure the problem you are having? is your site not viewing properly once uploaded to the server?
August 13, 2013 04:25PM
Hi Julio

Yes, that is the problem I'm having. Everything seems to be alright on the codes. The problem is viewing the actual site after the upload on the server...
August 13, 2013 04:52PM
cool, send me a link to your site and I will see if I can find the problem smiling smiley
August 13, 2013 04:55PM
http://validator.w3.org/ use that link to validate html files smiling smiley great site and scans your html files for errors
August 14, 2013 12:19AM
Hi guys,

I feel really stupid at the moment - I am not sure which task we should upload for our assignment. Please, could someone help me, or tell me where to find the assignment details? Or, at least tell me up to what lesson I should have covered to be able to do the assignment?
Milnay mentioned "the index file" - is that the Northport home page that we start working on when starting with HTML? How do I know it is ready to be uploaded to the server?

Thank you!!
August 14, 2013 07:27AM
Start off by reading tutorial letter 101/3/2013 and following the course schedule (section 6.2, p.13) set out in it. On page 14 (top half of the page under the heading "Assignment: Create a basic presence on the Internet") it outlines what is required for the assignment and how to submit it. Continue working through section 6.2 and on page 15 (under the heading "Portfolio: Fully functional web site") it outlines what is required for the portfolio and how to submit it.
August 14, 2013 08:42AM
Hi, a thousand "thank you"s to you!!!!! How could I have forgotten about that?? eye rolling smiley
August 14, 2013 10:38AM
No problem - the forum is here for us to help each other.
August 14, 2013 11:19AM
Hi Julio

my site is accessible via this : [[url=http://tshepsom.orgfree.com]
August 14, 2013 11:26AM
Thanks for the link Julio, it is very much helpful.
I must say I love this forum, it brings a new perspective to about the course and everyone doing it.
Thanks all for the info you providing here.
August 14, 2013 12:49PM
when I open the index.html file in my browser It displays correctly?
August 14, 2013 12:52PM
another thing... you can use relative positioning and set the margin to 0 auto; in your css styling,will centre the div smiling smiley
August 14, 2013 12:58PM
did you set up a sub domain from the site?gave you two options..the one required a registered domain and the other sets up a sub domain(don't need a registered domain for that) cause that link sends me to the server and not the site?
August 14, 2013 01:05PM
Taskmanager-72668547 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Julio
>
> my site is accessible via this :
> [[url=http://tshepsom.orgfree.com]

You need to name your file "index.html" NOT "test.html".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login