Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Welcome
July 01, 2013 02:37PM
Please introduce yourself!

I am on leave till next week, but will check here every now and then.
July 01, 2013 06:37PM
Hi All!

My name is Alison, I'm from Mossel Bay and I work at a local dive centre where I am in charge of the company's online presence (among other things) this being one of the reasons I wanted to do this course, as well as wanting to pursue a career in web design.

Best of luck to everyone!

smileys with beer
July 01, 2013 08:43PM
Hi,

Jaco here from Cape Town (Northern Suburbs). Good luck to everyone and remember to have fun while learning! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

PS: Google is your friend!
Re: Welcome
July 01, 2013 09:56PM
Hi everyone,

Im Charl. I am from Randburg and currently working at a Point of Sale company in Midrand
July 01, 2013 10:16PM
Hi Charl,

Just a heads up, your name should be in a specific format to include your student number so they can keep track of your posts.

I.E Charlster-12345679 (name-studentNumber)

Tutorial letter 101/3/2013
You MUST register a forum user name that contains at least your STUDENT NUMBER e.g. WebManiac-1234567, or just 1234567. This will help us in identifying your contributions.

Not sure if you can change your username once created, don't think so.

Regards,

Jaco
July 02, 2013 08:44AM
Hi fellow students,

Etienne here from the Cape Town area doing software development. I am looking forward to interacting and sharing knowledge with everybody on this course.

Having studied through Unisa before, the most important advice I can share is: Thoroughly read the course tutorial letters!
July 02, 2013 10:45AM
Hi everyone, Fridah here

I love web design and its the only thing that makes me feel confident about myself. i am studying so i can obtain a proper qualification
to help me with my career. i work full time thats why i chose to study part time. I hope all of you are going to enjoy yourselves as much
as I will. Now good luck to everyone and Work Hard!!! thumbs up smiley
July 02, 2013 08:49PM
Hello Everyone

I'm Martha. I work in a special library in Midrand and also have to maintain our library's Web site, so I'm hoping to learn a lot on this course.

Enjoy it! cool smiley
July 03, 2013 10:27AM
Hey Everybody! My name is Milnay and I am a professional squash player and started studying part time. I am very excited to learn about creating websites!! smiling smiley
July 03, 2013 10:42AM
Hi everyone!
My name is Alex and I'm from Cape Town.
I will attempt to do this course while finishing my masters degree in something completely different.
July 03, 2013 12:22PM
Hello everyone.

My name is Shaun and I'm from Cape Town. I currently don't have a job and am busy studying 2 courses through Unisa (This and php).

Looking forward to working with everyone smiling smiley
July 04, 2013 01:12PM
Hi all,

I'm Tish, I'm working in higher education, and very keen to learn some new skills. Good luck to everyone for the course smiling smiley
July 05, 2013 12:07PM
Hi Everyone

I'm working for a small company here in Johannesburg and was getting bored with networking/technician work and now doing Web designing.

Good luck to everyone.
July 05, 2013 12:37PM
Good Day!

My name is Michael Mudau and I am from Kempton Park I work as Librarian and I hope this course will help with the work that I do everyday. Good lucky to everyone.
July 05, 2013 02:46PM
Greetings everyone,

My names are Paul Soo and I'm a Graphics Designer at Dzukani Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
I'm looking forward to doing website design and development for clients.

I wish you all the best.

Kind regards.
July 06, 2013 04:02PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Mofor. I am from Cameroon, but I live and work in Ghana. I have been supporting IT infrastructures for a while now, until last year when I got into applications support.
I am doing this course to get to know about building/designing websites. The course will also assist me in my present job as our applications have a web server on the front end.
I am also looking to network with some great people.

All the best to everyone

Best regards

Mofor
July 07, 2013 08:26PM
Hi All

My name Cedric, i am from Cape Town. I am currently a network administrator, and would like to make web design my main carreer, i love it. Goodluck to all on this course
July 07, 2013 10:45PM
Hi Everyone
My name is Domaine Botha. I am from East London and I am doing this course in my gap year before I return to my full time studies. I am eager to start learning more about the internet and web design as I believe it is a very handy qualification to have. I hope everybody enjoys the course.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 08, 2013 09:43AM
Hey everyone!

The name is Julian Robberts, I'm from Vereeniging, working in Sandton at the moment, as Graphic Designer, and would love to learn more about Internet and Web Design. I want to make it my main career choice. Hope you all have fun and learn as much as possible in the next few months.

Regards to all.

Julian

cool smiley
July 08, 2013 08:27PM
hi all
My name is Mark Dewey and I am from Pretoria. I am hoping to find a study mate based in Pretoria.
Any takers?

regards

Mark Dewey
July 09, 2013 12:58PM
Hello there!!

I'm Bonita, I live on a game farm close to Thabazimbi, Limpopo. I've been doing web design for more than a year now; used Muse and a whole lot of tutorials and forums to teach myself. I love illustrating and painting in my spare time smiling smiley I am hoping to learn much more through this course to boost my career... Question - Is it okay if we post in Afrikaans every now and then? My English isn't too good. Hopefully that will improve as well!! smiling bouncing smiley Really looking forward to this course!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sunshine that comes from the heart is warmer than any that comes from the sky. <3

www.deltaweb.co.za
deltawebwebsites.blogspot.com
July 09, 2013 04:15PM
Hi, I am Ella, a very old graphic designer who work in higher education (@unisa) I have to learn to design with code. I am nervous, but very exited.
July 09, 2013 09:44PM
HI EVERYONE,

I AM S.RAMANGWA FROM EKURHULENI TEMBISA.I HAVE MUCH INTEREST IN WEB DEVELOPMENT,IT'S THAT'S WHY I AM WITH YOU.

GOODLUCK TO ALL:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
July 10, 2013 11:38AM
Hi Everyone.

I'm from Newcastle, KZN and aim to start a small digital marketing company and hope this course will help me build good websites for my clients.

All the best to everyone.smile

'Start small, start young'...
July 10, 2013 11:50PM
Hi Everyone,

I am Chris from London, originally from Johannesburg. I am currently working in finance/accounting, however have always been interested in computers, the internet, databases etc. As web development combine these and other things I find interesting and exciting, I thought I would start here.

All the best to everyone.

Chris
July 15, 2013 08:45AM
Hi Everyone

I am Dawid and I currently live in Pretoria (aka Snorcity). I work as a designer at Unisa and have lots of experience in multi-media ranging from graphic, motion to sound design. I am also a part-time rock star. I know HTML and css reasonably well but have no formal qualification in it, hence my involvement in this course.

Good luck to everyone, if you apply yourself you will find that web design is not that difficult!

cool smiley
Peace
D
July 15, 2013 09:20AM
Hi

I am Kyle, currently unemployed and studying my BSc in Computer Science. I'm taking this short course to widen my knowledge in computers on all frontiers.

Thanks
July 15, 2013 11:05AM
Hi guys,

I'm Kevin from Pretoria and I'm a student. I want to start a multimedia business soon and thought that this course will help me a lot in the future. I am however nervous about this course, because I'm not used to studying through correspondence and I'm nervous about not being able to do this course. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

Good luck guys!
July 15, 2013 04:47PM
Kevin-78108284 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm Kevin from Pretoria and I'm a student. I want
> to start a multimedia business soon and thought
> that this course will help me a lot in the future.
> I am however nervous about this course, because
> I'm not used to studying through correspondence
> and I'm nervous about not being able to do this
> course. But I'm sure it'll be fine.
>
> Good luck guys!

Hi Kevin, I have never done it either, and am also very nervous and so scared that I might miss something. But I am sure that we have a great team at UNISA who are more than willing to help us as much as we need.
They went out of their way to help me find my study material after I wrote the wrong postal address on my application form (blush). With enough correspondence and self-discipline, we can do it! Good luck and see you guys in the forums!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sunshine that comes from the heart is warmer than any that comes from the sky. <3

www.deltaweb.co.za
deltawebwebsites.blogspot.com
July 15, 2013 09:35PM
Bon-78148685 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kevin-78108284 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm Kevin from Pretoria and I'm a student. I
> want
> > to start a multimedia business soon and thought
> > that this course will help me a lot in the
> future.
> > I am however nervous about this course, because
> > I'm not used to studying through correspondence
> > and I'm nervous about not being able to do this
> > course. But I'm sure it'll be fine.
> >
> > Good luck guys!
>
> Hi Kevin, I have never done it either, and am also
> very nervous and so scared that I might miss
> something. But I am sure that we have a great team
> at UNISA who are more than willing to help us as
> much as we need.
> They went out of their way to help me find my
> study material after I wrote the wrong postal
> address on my application form (blush). With
> enough correspondence and self-discipline, we can
> do it! Good luck and see you guys in the forums!

Hey Bonita, I'm glad someone else feels the same way! Yeah, I also think we have a great team helping us with the course. Good luck to you too!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login