Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment Interface

Posted by 44492537_Coder 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment Interface
March 14, 2013 01:47PM
Would it possible to get a screenshot of what the website should look like?
Mac
Re: Assignment Interface
March 14, 2013 02:40PM
On each page of your web site there must be a horizontal menu with links to all the site pages, in the same order as presented in the assignment and portfolio requirements here below (e.g. Calc | String | Array etc…)

At the bottom of each page,when the relevant link is clicked and the contents of that page is presented , centered, include a link to a text file...

So visualize the start page:

menu item | menu item | menu item | menu item | ....

Then visualize a page

menu item | menu item | menu item | menu item | ....

Code
March 14, 2013 03:10PM
Are we allowed to use other languages such as CSS to create the navigation bars or must it be done in HTML only?
Mac
March 14, 2013 03:55PM
I like this question. Yes, you should be using knowledge gained in previous modules. You do not necessarily get more marks, but this is not about marks only. It is about positioning yourself above those who just.... float.... plagiarize (excuse my slight irritation) when it comes to skills. I am responsible for teaching you PHP. You are responsible for making the most of it smiling smiley As it stands, you decide your future, and going the extra mile will set you apart outside this course smiling smiley
March 20, 2013 08:35AM
I'm busy applying the finishing touches to my site and I noticed that the Assignment makes mention of an Assignment Page and a Portfolio page. Do these have to be seperate pages or must all the content be posted on one page for example:

Calc | String | Array | Function | Leap | Server | Validation | etc
March 20, 2013 08:38AM
Shouldn't the Assignment Pages be included in assignment 1 and the portfolio pages added when doing the portfolio?
Mac
March 20, 2013 08:51AM
Think I answered this elsewhere, but yes.
March 20, 2013 09:22AM
Forgive me for persisting but I'm still not quite sure (think it's more to do with being paranoid):

a) The Assignment and Portfolio MUST be on seperate pages.
b) The Assignment which is due on Friday (22/03/2013) MUST only include the links for the follwing:

Calc | String | Array | Function
March 20, 2013 09:29AM
+1 to 44492537_Coder's persistence smile
Mac
March 20, 2013 09:38AM
OK let me state it this way rather... You can add all the links you want... but we will only follow the assignment links. No penalties for having extra links.
March 20, 2013 09:51AM
Thanks Mac!
March 20, 2013 11:01AM
Thanks Mac that answers question b but not a...
March 20, 2013 11:12AM
Hi, this is what I'm going to do.
One website, one URL.
Assignment 1 has four pages: "Calc | String | Array | Function".
Portfolio has the same four pages, with additional three pages "Calc | String | Array | Function | Leap | Server | Validation", in addition to this, Tut102 will ask us to include even more pages.
* Each page on the website will have all the same menu hyperlinks.

Regards, Jared
Mac
March 20, 2013 12:19PM
That is fine yes. We know what is what and what we need to mark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login